• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Need Help with a possibly defective BHD 3300

Romad

Ok I bought a BHD 3300, turned out the last one radio shack had was a display model and of course I'm having problems with it.

I have put 2 sets of brand new batts in and it still says replace.

I followed the first time user section in the user manual with a nail, penny, PT and QT. Seems to work fine until I turn it over and place those items on the ground and in the ground. It doesn't pickup anything at all even when I'm looking at the item.

On top of all of that, when I plug in headphones, it turns off :mad:

The big question -- Am I an idiot or did I get a faulty MD?

Your advice on this subject would be most helpful.

Cheers,

Romad

Take it back, it was probably bad. Maybe the battery contacts got soft over the years it may have been the display model. :?: If you're lucky you might be able to get another one!

It's all about greasing the wheel before ya start pushing. I have already been on the phone with the manager and politely explained the situation. I of course added the part about how disappointed I was to not be able to use it on an outing with family and friends. I also added the part about gas not being cheap and that I was not looking forward to driving 30 minutes to his store ( I left the part out about me having to drive right past the store anyways). He said it would be taken care of and that's when I asked for his name and wrote the time down that we spoke. :lol:

I have to say this has been a very good learning experience and with my eagerness to get started, I have had time to do more learning from you all.

Cheers,

There is different size nine volts out there now.
It says in the manual if you bought the shorter ones you need to wedge them with paper.

It's all good now GreenMeanie, I exchanged it at the store no questions asked. It was messed up more than just wedging some paper in it.

Back
Top Bottom