Do you hunt in the rain?

robpatt

I'm just wondering if anyone actually likes to hunt in the rain?

Since Ive just started, I'm a bit shy about pulling out the MD with crowds of folks around, and all the questions that ensue. I have gone out (like others have suggested) early dawn and done some detecting while everyone was still asleep and the kiddies were watching cartoons. I cant get up every morning to do this even though it would be nice, so maybe doing it anytime of the day while raining would do. This may sound a bit extreme to some but with some rain gear on, it shouldn't be too bad.

If there are folks out there that do this intensionally then any tips on keeping dry and such would help :)

I hunt in the rain from time to time. I won't melt, so me getting wet is no big deal. However, getting the machine wet is another story. You have to keep the control box dry or you will be in a world of hurt. I usually wrap mine in a clear plastic bag when I'm out in the rain. After hunting I take the plastic off right away to keep any moisture from getting into the circuitry.

Ive hunted a bit in the rain...mainly when it starts raining while im out there. I stick a ziplock over my control box....keeps her dry.

Back
Top Bottom