depth question

masterpuppet

Good day everyone. I had time to play with my AT Pro last night. The ground is still very frozen so I could not dig but just wanted to play and hear the beeps for myself. So I was able to just try and learn the machine. I did a lot of things they talked about in the video and many things that I have read here. The question I have is the depth would be 8 to 10 inches on many of the targets would the frozen ground be able to get a deeper target?

Not sure I completely understand your last question. But moisture in the ground or wet ground will only enhance signals. I have noticed in at least semi frozen ground I hunt, (trashy site) I get what I feel is an extreme amount of falsing with the ATPro. Once it is completely thawed it goes back to normal.

Not sure I completely understand your last question. But moisture in the ground or wet ground will only enhance signals. I have noticed in at least semi frozen ground I hunt, (trashy site) I get what I feel is an extreme amount of falsing with the ATPro. Once it is completely thawed it goes back to normal.

"It is assumed that greater moisture content in the ground equates to enhanced detection performance. This is true in nearly all cases, but characteristically, the circumstances may be wanted or UNWANTED.With a greater moisture content in the ground, the greater the electrical conductance (and electromagnetic conductance) of the soil. Also, moisture causes metallic items to electrically (electromagnetically) conduct better in the Earth. Hunting for old silver coins in a iron nail infested area should be performed under extremely dry soil conditions." - FISHER INTELLIGENCE • F I S H E R R E S E A R C H L A B O R A T O R Y ....I will caution you that running the AT with a big ground balance offset..You will lose or severely hamper certain conductivity items...and most importantly, when Ground Balance is adjusted to low numerical settings........the detector is audibly unstable.

"It is assumed that greater moisture content in the ground equates to enhanced detection performance. This is true in nearly all cases, but characteristically, the circumstances may be wanted or UNWANTED.With a greater moisture content in the ground, the greater the electrical conductance (and electromagnetic conductance) of the soil. Also, moisture causes metallic items to electrically (electromagnetically) conduct better in the Earth. Hunting for old silver coins in a iron nail infested area should be performed under extremely dry soil conditions." - FISHER INTELLIGENCE • F I S H E R R E S E A R C H L A B O R A T O R Y ....I will caution you that running the AT with a big ground balance offset..You will lose or severely hamper certain conductivity items...and most importantly, when Ground Balance is adjusted to low numerical settings........the detector is audibly unstable.

FISHER INTELLIGENCE • F I S H E R R E S E A R C H L A B O R A T O R Y ....I will caution you that running the AT with a big ground balance offset..You will lose or severely hamper certain conductivity

Hmmmmm didn't know that Fisher had anything to do with the AT.

Even though Fisher has nothing to do with the AT Pro there is a lot of good information in those Fisher Intelligence Reports that cross over to all metal detectors and just metal detecting in general. Google Fisher Intelligence and check them out !!

I concur.

Back
Top Bottom