Correlate vs. Best Data VX3

Awendaw

Forum Supporter
If I decide to keep my VX3 when it comes back from the factory, what should I run for the deepest on salt beaches. I've only run a modified stock beach program. Would switching to a best data program help to gain some depth?

I didnt think on the vx3 you had an option to change that setting. The v3i yes but not vx3

I found this a while back on White's:

The following factory programs default to Best Data Mode:

Coin
Coin & Jewelry
Deep Silver
Hi Pro
Demo

The following factory programs default to Correlate Mode:

Salt Beach
Relic
Prospect

Basically just apply your beach settings to the coin program and its in the best data mode. Or vice versa

Yes. Since it seems correlate is used for high iron I was just wondering copying my beach settings to a best data program would I gain some depth or hinder it.

I use correlate data.

They don't really effect depth, they are for target id accuracy. Best data gives the target id of the frequency that hits hardest on the target. Correlate data takes the average of the target id of the 2 strongest frequencies.

I find that correlate is less jumpy and more accurate than best data.

I use correlate data.

They don't really effect depth, they are for target id accuracy. Best data gives the target id of the frequency that hits hardest on the target. Correlate data takes the average of the target id of the 2 strongest frequencies.

I find that correlate is less jumpy and more accurate than best data.

Does correlate work better inland or is it used on the beach only? I use a VX3, and wondering if I should try it. According to the manual, the only difference between coin & jewelry mode and salt beach mode is best data/correlate setting. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom