• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Just pulled the plug on a backup detector AT PRO!!!

I used my ATPro today first time out. Question, when pinpointing with the coil, I have been going r/l and back & forth where is the sweet spot on the coil? Seems I was digging some bigger holes to find stuff. Is it right at the apex about where the shaft connects? My son and I got a Wheatie, a merc dime and a lot of junk. I had to explain to my 11 year old what a pull-tab is. Man did we have fun, now he wants one, looks like he'll be getting a 250 or 350 after a few more outings to ensure he got the bug. He was a dirt diving fool today. Thanks for your comments, I love my machine.

Hey TN_INDIAN,
I run my ATP on coin standard mostly W/40disc
Pretty easy as I only search coins.
I try to switch to Pro once in a while when I find a wonky signal.
Pro has helped a bunch in trashy areas as the display seems to jump less so I can see the numbers.
I practiced with some coins on concrete for about 20 min. and then wen a dug an IH deeper that my pro pointer.
Sometimes I have to play with the ground balance. for my area I run about 80-90.
I would say fairly easy to learn on standard...

I used my ATPro today first time out. Question, when pinpointing with the coil, I have been going r/l and back & forth where is the sweet spot on the coil? Seems I was digging some bigger holes to find stuff. Is it right at the apex about where the shaft connects? My son and I got a Wheatie, a merc dime and a lot of junk. I had to explain to my 11 year old what a pull-tab is. Man did we have fun, now he wants one, looks like he'll be getting a 250 or 350 after a few more outings to ensure he got the bug. He was a dirt diving fool today. Thanks for your comments, I love my machine.

pin pointing with the ATP..watch Garretts Videos a few times..
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct..._z59Q9KynGH7bIXsJ6ABHjg&bvm=bv.61725948,d.aWc

Pull back towards yourself when pinpointing and when the signal drops off it will be directly in front of the coil. I find this way much easier than the sweet spot method. Hh

Back
Top Bottom