• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

anybody here collect sterling silverware ?

ohiochris

Elite Member
My wife has this silverware , handed down from a family member. Westmoreland brand George and Martha pattern. Six forks , six spoons , and six butter knives. They appear to be solid , not plated , though the butter knives have a stainless blade and silver handle. There are a few tarnish spots on them from handling but they appear to have never been used. The butter knives still have paper wrapper still on them. I know the value has to do with many factors and nothing beats a professional valuation but would anybody here have an idea of how sought after these might be and ballpark figure of what they " may " be worth ? Im trying to talk her into selling them but Ive got no idea what to tell her she could possibly expect for them in order to convince her.

Attachments

• 20190829_122516.jpg
    20190829_122516.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 694
Thanks for the reply and the internet link. This gives me another resource to draw information from. I didnt know these were sold door to door but it makes sense now that a sales brochure and original receipt are with the silverware , it looks like that kind of marketing.

Looks like its potentially worth a lot more if split up and sold seperately as replacements. That seems like a lot of effort. But I will keep looking into it

Back
Top Bottom