Doubled my silver count today

Foragist

Forum Supporter
I started in my hammered park today, but the finds were scarce, so I went curbstrippin' instead. Same old strips I've worked over the last couple years, but the coins are pretty "lively" in this very moist ground, so I had hope.
Earlier this month, I had dug 2 rosies and a Washington quarter in 3 different hunts. Today, the highlights were 2 Mercury dimes, a Washington quarter, a super slick V nickel barely dateable to 1891, an old Wisconsin Junior Conservation League pin, and several wheats. Oh, and a really cool old "GOOD FOR 5 IN TRADE" token with just a 5-digit number on the other side?

Long hunt, but good day to be out there.
Silver coins FTY = 6 :yes:

Attachments

• DSCN2658.jpg
    DSCN2658.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 625
  • DSCN2659.jpg
    DSCN2659.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 591
  • DSCN2661.jpg
    DSCN2661.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 562
Nice finds congrats on the oldies. That token was used for mob owned/run pinball machines around the prohibition era. Dug one last year and that’s what I was able to find out

Great hunt ! Glad you are thawed out and can get out there. Congrats on the silver, the V nick, and the relics. I found a token just like that last fall. My research suggests that they were pretty generic but still probably 100 years old and very cool. Nice saves!!

Wow, three silvers and an awesome token. Plus the pin. Super hunt man! Congrats!

Great hunt, glad you have some soft ground up there sir!

Nice finds. Love the token.

Nice finds congrats on the oldies. That token was used for mob owned/run pinball machines around the prohibition era. Dug one last year and that’s what I was able to find out

Congrats on the nice finds and silver!

Great hunt ! Glad you are thawed out and can get out there. Congrats on the silver, the V nick, and the relics. I found a token just like that last fall. My research suggests that they were pretty generic but still probably 100 years old and very cool. Nice saves!!

Congrats on the shiny,wheats and old V nickel. The token is a sweet save also. Good luck out there. Mark

Appreciate all the comments, people! I've read a few theories about the 31554 tokens. I think there were multiple (local? in-house?) uses for them once you were able to win them from nickel slot machines(mob owned) Drinks, cigars, etc...just not back in the slot machines. What a racket!

Very nice Foragist, you robbed the cradle on the '64 Silver Quarter! Glad your hunt was so productive, great finds!

Making the switch on locations really paid well Blaise. Congrats on the 3 Silver's and doubling your count. That Token is an awesome recovery, it be neat if you could find out to where its origin was. Trapper

Very nice Foragist, you robbed the cradle on the '64 Silver Quarter! Glad your hunt was so productive, great finds!
Haha! The quarter looked sooo fresh and clean when I dug it! Thank you.

Great job!
Thank you Thank you!

Nice hunting , Congrats !
Thank you! Any three silver day is greatly appreciated.

Making the switch on locations really paid well Blaise. Congrats on the 3 Silver's and doubling your count. That Token is an awesome recovery, it be neat if you could find out to where its origin was. Trapper
Sometimes sticking it out in a hammered park pays off, and other times Plan B is the way to go. Glad I went with Plan B! I know the token is old and cool, and the mystery of it makes it even cooler. Thanks Trapper.

Congratulations on the keepers, it looks like you had a great hunt!
Thanks Mat. My best 2020 hunt yet...but the year is just getting started. I usually don't get out until April!

Back
Top Bottom