• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Saltwater Finds Bag?

Boondocks

I primarily hunt in chest deep saltwater with some wave action. I have been using the camo Garrett finds bag that came with my AtPro. I like that it has a secure internal pocket for rings and such but the whole things fills with water even with the zipper closed and it feels like a huge wet diaper. I tried the Minelab Velcro Finds bag that came with my Excal II and it is much more streamlined but the design makes it impossible to open one handed and I wouldn't dare open it if I already had gold in it because I feel like I would lose it. So what do y'all use in the big water? Gotta be ok for saltwater, very streamlined feeling, large enough to take some trash but secure enough to open repeatedly without retaining water and losing the contents. I've also thought about a small locking SS carabiner on paracord around my neck for rings. Ok, hit me... thoughts!?! Thanks in advance.

I bought the KellyCo pouch and personally I HATE IT.. The secondary pocket inside the main pocket gets in the way and the velcro of both is annoying. Try this with some lockable d rings and a clip nylon belt. Cheaper and more user friendly [http://store.addhelium.com/XS-Scuba-Mesh-Carry-Pouch_p_61.html

Interesting. Do you use this with the holes on top and opening on the side then? I like the bulk of the kellyco a bit and anything in it doesn't stand out a lot through the multiple layers of mesh.

I took a pair of scissors and cut slits into the bottom of the Garret pouch and it works pretty well that way. Can't tell you how long it lasts as I've only been using it a few months.

I also bought this one after a lot of people here suggested it but I find it's too small. If it were 4 inches wider and 4 inches deeper it would be pretty awesome. One small water bottle in it and it's already over crowded.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mesh-Treasure-Pouch-Bag-For-Beach-Surf-Water-Hunting-Metal-Detecting-2-Belt/331065099826?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

My homemade pouch kicks the snot out of that thing. I know b/c I owned one prior. I really need to look into mass production of it and stop talking about it.

Anyone here any have experience with mass production?

Well I'm looking forward to anything better..

Mine is starting to look worn, but still working great after 4 or five seasons of a ton of junk and glass...

<°)))>{

My homemade pouch kicks the snot out of that thing. I know b/c I owned one prior. I really need to look into mass production of it and stop talking about it.

Anyone here any have experience with mass production?

If you want to lose money I'm your man. I'm well versed in losing money. Are you looking for materials or a place to make them?

Thanks!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate you taking the time to post. I would like to find one like the eBay pouch two of you posted but smaller. That would be ideal. One pocket for coins and one pocket for the occasional trash I get in the water like a buried can. As for rings, I came up with something I am going to love using! I made it with paracord and one of the stainless locking carabiners I was talking about. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will post pics. Thanks again.

If you want to lose money I'm your man. I'm well versed in losing money. Are you looking for materials or a place to make them?
both but I would like to try to have it all US made.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. I appreciate you taking the time to post. I would like to find one like the eBay pouch two of you posted but smaller. That would be ideal. One pocket for coins and one pocket for the occasional trash I get in the water like a buried can. As for rings, I came up with something I am going to love using! I made it with paracord and one of the stainless locking carabiners I was talking about. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will post pics. Thanks again.

That is the worst thing to do... I know guys do it... let the world see what you are finding... don't be surprised when a cop walks up to you and tells you to return a ring that someone saw dangling from your set up...

I don't even put my good finds in my bag... its only for junk and silver... the gold and platinum goes into my pocket.

I am the odd duck here

I carry out EVERYTHING including cans

I use an antifreeze container with a dive belt. Small holes in the bottom for draining.

Chuck

Attachments

• junk bucket.jpg
    junk bucket.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 561
That is the worst thing to do... I know guys do it... let the world see what you are finding... don't be surprised when a cop walks up to you and tells you to return a ring that someone saw dangling from your set up...

I don't even put my good finds in my bag... its only for junk and silver... the gold and platinum goes into my pocket.

Totally agree on that. Sometimes I go into a hunt with a little junk in my finds bag :lol:

If you get a chance check out "Diggin it Tees" they make one nice finds pouch..

Back
Top Bottom