• Forum server maintanace tomorrow night.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

THAT is gold????? YEP! (oops updated pics!)

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Check out how this ring looked when I got it out of the water. I figured sterling silver with gold overlay. NOPE! Got it home and cleaned it up by wrapping it in aluminum foil and putting it in vinegar awhile then rubbing it with baking soda.

It cleaned up nicely but something still did not quite look right. No marks too. It held to 14K acid.. no way... NEVER saw 14K come out of the water like that. Then again I don't think I've ever found old white gold.

It's been just sitting here awhile until I found some extra spare time this morning and decided to take it to my jeweler friend. He tested it and confirmed it was 14K. INTERESTING! He said it was hand made, high quality and something about milgrain. He then shined it up for me. :)

This one fits and I really like it so this one I'm going to wear from time to time.

Oh yeah found a nice gold chain that day too and another weird ring :)

Gold ring number 23 for 2017

Attachments

• July 8 17 Gold Chain.jpg
    July 8 17 Gold Chain.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 621
  • July 8 17 Gold Ring.jpg
    July 8 17 Gold Ring.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 595
  • July 8 17 Odd Ring.jpg
    July 8 17 Odd Ring.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 591
Last edited:
I would almost argue that it was silver inside but I know Mr. Carrot would take me down......LOL

Very Nice Gold Ring B!!

And Thank You for answering my request ...:bowdown:

I would almost argue that it was silver inside but I know Mr. Carrot would take me down......LOL

Very Nice Gold Ring B!!

And Thank You for answering my request ...:bowdown:

Me too! I argued, can't be but the jeweler said it was not yellow gold coated in rhodium to make it white it was yellow gold mixed probably with a mixture of nickel and manganese to lighten it up and the manganese probably made it turn purplish over time in the salt water. Interesting stuff!

Wait, what was your request??

Congrats, you've been finding a lot of gold!

For awhile after Matthew in some key spots there was some great detecting!

Milgrain is the outside edge design.

Ahh! Thanks!

Congrats on a nice recovery Kapi! Enjoy the new bling.

Thanks Numil! Not often I find one that fits.

Oh snap, I like it!

Thanks David! Where's the hurricanes, we need some sand movement!

Awesome score!!

As I'm sure you know, 14K= 14/24, it's just slightly more than half gold. The other metals could be anything, my guess is silver.. Did it ring up higher than usual?

Congrats gal!!!

<°)))>{

Awesome score!!

As I'm sure you know, 14K= 14/24, it's just slightly more than half gold. The other metals could be anything, my guess is silver.. Did it ring up higher than usual?

Congrats gal!!!

<°)))>{

Man I dug so many targets that day I can't remember what this one sounded like. My bad! :) So I took it outside in the yard and tested it with the DFX and it rang up an 85! 85 is a quarter! I think you are correct the rest may be silver!

Awesome score!!

Congrats gal!!!

<°)))>{

Nice finds again!

Thanks Z! hard to go to finding lots to finding nothing! I have a few more up my sleeve to post eventually.

Last edited:
Very nice ring, Congrats! I heard once that white gold was an alloy of yellow gold, nickel, and/or silver. Not sure if that's true but whatever, that's a pretty one.

good pix. Good play-by-play. Occasionally there is gold jewelry over-layed on to silver or whatever other type metal.

Back
Top Bottom