A Carrot and a Shell walk into a bar...

Kapi

Forum Supporter
And while they were recovering from the blows to their heads I was out detecting. They should have tried going through the front door.

Gold rings number 20 and 21 for 2017

Attachments

• Bar.jpg
    Bar.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 388
  • July 5 17 2 Gold Rings.jpg
    July 5 17 2 Gold Rings.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 339
Kapi....you are one awesome detectorist. Better yet, your humor always makes for a good post. Keep em coming Kapi.

And while they were recovering from the blows to their heads I was out detecting. They should have tried going through the front door.

Gold rings number 20 and 21 for 2017

Is that first ring marked? Looks like it is old hammered gold. Or was it hammered in the surf?

Very nice.

I got to pick up the pace!! Your on the roll again!! :shock:

Kapi....you are one awesome detectorist. Better yet, your humor always makes for a good post. Keep em coming Kapi.

Aww thanks! Just got into a great spot earlier this year. Love the feedback on the cartoons :) Thanks!

Is that first ring marked? Looks like it is old hammered gold. Or was it hammered in the surf?

Very nice.

It has a date hand carved on the inside of 7/19/86. There is no stamp or mark inside other than the date and two names. SEE PIC BELOW. It looked so soft and dark I thought it was 22K but it only passes the 14k test. It's been in the water a long time but 1986 or 1886 we will never know.

I got to pick up the pace!! Your on the roll again!! :shock:

I'm still not even half way towards your achievement but I'm trying!

Speechless. Are you cherry picking?

At that spot when it was open, heck yes.

Double congrats on the yellow Barbara! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks David!

Attachments

• July 5 17 Inside Ring.jpg
    July 5 17 Inside Ring.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Wow that's one heck of a cool yeller ring there on the left! Surprising only 14K with that colour! Ring on the rights not 1/2 had either!!! Congrats on the double golds!

Sorry for the late reply, but been away from a computer for 2 weeks.... Nice finds as usual Kap!!!

How did I miss this one? Poor carrot & shell, hope their headaches are gone by now :lol:

I'd make a guess that your date is going to be 1986 only due to the idea that slashes in dates weren't used much prior to typewriters & keyboards as far as I remember. I think until then hyphens were way more common. I'd also guess it's a US ring by the date format, day/month/year as opposed to the year first.

...Maybe anyway, this is all pure speculation on my part :lol:

At any rate, darn nice rings! Congrats :yes:

Wow! That big one looks like a hand cast deal...Its a pretty ring! Unique....

Thanks Mud - It sure looks cool!

Wow that's one heck of a cool yeller ring there on the left! Surprising only 14K with that colour! Ring on the rights not 1/2 had either!!! Congrats on the double golds!

Thanks GroundSweeper! Can't wait til that spot opens up again!

Yea, looks higher K and homemade, nice finds!
DL

Yeah! Leaving that one just like that for now. Love how it looks!

Awesome rings congrats!

strick

Thanks Strick!

A nice pair of rings! Congrats!

Thanks X!

Funny:laughing: Great looking rings and I agree you are a great detector.

Aww thanks Dirtydog!

Sorry for the late reply, but been away from a computer for 2 weeks.... Nice finds as usual Kap!!!

Thanks V! Welcome back!

How did I miss this one? Poor carrot & shell, hope their headaches are gone by now :lol:

I'd make a guess that your date is going to be 1986 only due to the idea that slashes in dates weren't used much prior to typewriters & keyboards as far as I remember. I think until then hyphens were way more common. I'd also guess it's a US ring by the date format, day/month/year as opposed to the year first.

...Maybe anyway, this is all pure speculation on my part :lol:

At any rate, darn nice rings! Congrats :yes:

Thanks my friend! They recovered nicely :) I think you're correct on all points, makes sense!

Back
Top Bottom