Breaking in the new scoop a little

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Well finally got the new scoop out for a little tiny bit. Got maybe 45 min tops in the water, nice sandy mountain lake beach. Lovely sand and can't wait to go back and spend some time there, got to be some gold.

I only went waist deep as I didn't have a lot of time.

Love the Whites scoop. By the time I get it out of the water there's zero sand left in it. Love using a handled scoop finally. Easy to press down into the sand with my foot.

Wish I had found gold, but didn't have time to really hunt the beach sadly. Another day!

Always good to get any swing time in. Wish I had a waterproof camera (maybe I'll find one some day :lol:)

I drilled out the screw hole on the scoop and used a stainless 1/4x1-1/4 lag bolt with washer.

Attachments

• IMG_2180.JPG
    IMG_2180.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_2181.JPG
    IMG_2181.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 497
just

Blew up the pick of the scoop , the lips shot already :laughing: , told you to buy a, stealth , whites makes good detectors , not scoops .....

Should be some gold down there hiding. I will be making light weight cf travel shafts in the fall. $110 or so... hit me up if you're interested

That's a good looking scoop, if it's lighter than the T-Rex I might switch.
Congrats on the new scoop, Can't wait to see the gold!

Thanks Ron. I'll have to weigh the scoop when I get a moment, it's not overly light but not heavy. I used it as a support staff while detecting. It's sporting a 1-3/8" shovel handle.

Blew up the pick of the scoop , the lips shot already :laughing: , told you to buy a, stealth , whites makes good detectors , not scoops .....

You're one funny fellow there Earl. If she blows, I'll send her to sunspot with $25 and have them sew her up. But I'm going to win Scubas contest anyway, this Friday. Thanks!

Should be some gold down there hiding. I will be making light weight cf travel shafts in the fall. $110 or so... hit me up if you're interested

I think I saw your travel handles on eBay. 1-3/8" is it a tight fit or slides right in? I will go back at some point and find some gold!!! Thanks Steve.

I think I saw your travel handles on eBay. 1-3/8" is it a tight fit or slides right in? I will go back at some point and find some gold!!! Thanks Steve.

I fraction of a mm smaller. Some people are saying too long. So I will be making some shorter and much lighter... once holiday season is over. Too tight is a problem. Too small and just put a wrap or 2 of cling wrap or something similar.

Last edited:
Good Luck with the new scoop, went through a few scoops till I got the Stealth 4 years ago. I think it will be around longer than I will:laughing:
DL

Nice hunt, GS! You got the essentials: Money, jewelry, and the time to find them!

Back
Top Bottom