Depth Readout?

megantbs

Hi- I just got a Treasure hunter all vision pro with a 10" spider super coil. It says it has a depth readout, which I assumed would tell me how deep objects were, but my instructions say nothing of that nature. So what exactly is a depth readout, and how do I use it? =) Also, does anyone know if I can use this in shallow rivers, or in the shallow ocean with just the coil in the water? Thanks so much! I am so excited to use my new metal detector=) - Megan

Hi Megan
The coil is supposed to be waterproof so it should be O.K. in water. Depth readout is the depth an average size coin will show on the meter when the coil is held over the target. So a coin at six inches would show either '6' on the meter or perhaps six little bars.
I can't remember if your machine has depth reading or not. It should if it says so on the box. Many machines need to be in pinpoint mode (which is normally all metal) before the depth reading feature displays. If you don't have all metal/pinpointing then it should be displayed at all times.
Results are dependant on ground conditions, the size of coil fitted, and the size of target. Plus if your not dead over the target the reading will be wrong.
For some its a feature they love but its just a guess on the machines part. With practise you can avoid digging some unwanted targets by relating the depth reading or audio volume with the size of the target (which you get from the width of the audio signal).
Thing is to bury a few targets both good and bad and see what the detector comes up with. If coinshooting at the local park and you know a large coin can't be detected deeper than nine inches and your already down that far its got to be a large object at depth. Then you decide if its going to be deep rubbish like a coke can or a gold watch.

Thank you so much for your help! I know my detector does not show numbers on the screen, but I will try looking for the bars in all metal mode =) Thanks for the great advice, I will try it out tonight!

You can go to the manufacturers site and contact them for more info:
treasurehunteronline.com/products.html
This looks like an after market brand but the company should be able to answer your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom