Do you keep records ?

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
Records of places you have hunted and what you find? I have done this for almost 30 years now and sometimes I go over them again which leads me to go back for more. Hopefully, in the years since you have been to a spot you have learned your detector more, better at digging, etc.
So now I got to thinking about a spot I hit in 1991. My records say I took out 254 coins of which 18 were silver. And only 7 nickels & 1 gold item ! I just know there has to be more there. I hunt in way lower disc now so will go there and dig it all. If I can still get in :)
Good luck, keep those records, steve in so az

Great post Steve. I keep a fat spreadsheet detailing every place I hunt and what I find. It's fun to monkey around with the numbers. So far I have gone on 542 hunts at 120 different locations. Can't imagine what my spreadsheet will look like 10 or 20 years from now!

Yep! I started keeping a spreadsheet since the first of the year. It is evidence of my expertise growing with every outing. Too bad we can't upload Excel files... :no:

.I log ALL coins for a grand total and Rings too. I do not log where I hunted but I think that would useful down the line! I can tell you where I have found every ring so far. I better write it down whilst I still remember! Nice post Steve!

Janster - when it comes to detecting sites I write everything down. Dont rely on your memory, Steve

Year one I just kept a handwritten log of locations, amounts, and cool finds. Now I use an Excel spreadsheet and different columns for different denominations. If anyone would like it, please send a PM.

emdees

You should take a look at the i-detect software. Since they are a sponsor, forum members can get it at the special price of $14.95.

I have been keeping track on my computer since I got back into detecting 3 years ago. I am going back to the " Hot" spots this summer and see what I missed. HH

Yep

Steve in so az,
You know what I have found is that those old asite are being covered over with hardtop parking spaces. Old school now haved enlarged driveways and parking lots. One nice site I hunted has been turned over to the Historical Society and is off limits. Changing times:spin:

Yes...

Figured I'd start right from the get go. Start and finish times, location, finds, etc.. May come in handy sometime or just satisfy the OCD that seems to be setting in. :)
Marty

Records of places you have hunted and what you find? I have done this for almost 30 years now and sometimes I go over them again which leads me to go back for more. Hopefully, in the years since you have been to a spot you have learned your detector more, better at digging, etc.
So now I got to thinking about a spot I hit in 1991. My records say I took out 254 coins of which 18 were silver. And only 7 nickels & 1 gold item ! I just know there has to be more there. I hunt in way lower disc now so will go there and dig it all. If I can still get in :)
Good luck, keep those records, steve in so az

No, but I haven't hunted too many places. When I start getting really serious about it I'm going to steal your idea. Would be a good idea specially since every other year upgrades are being made to machines that go deeper and deeper. You can keep going back with better equipment pulling out more stuff.

Great idea. A+

You should take a look at the i-detect software. Since they are a sponsor, forum members can get it at the special price of $14.95.

i-detect it is. Thanks for the sponsorship. You'll have my business soon.

Excel Spreadsheet

I did a spreadsheet in excel, too. There in are the find, depth, date, area, detector and coil recorded. Having the mouse-pointer above the finds box will show a picture of the find.

XLS spreedsheet.

Last year (spreedsheet has more data than what is graphed):

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 186
Back
Top Bottom