Basketball, NIFC's, and SILVER!!!

jkbemdavis

Elite Member
So I decided to open this week's box while I'm watching a little March Madness. I figured that way if I didn't find anything I would have fun anyway. So far this is my best ever box! I am only half way through and so far I am at 9 NIFC's and 10 silvers. This has never happened before. I have a 68D ender, a 64, another 68D, a shiny 69D, and 6 mystery silvers that I will finish pulling out to reveal what they are when I open the rest of the rolls. I'll try to keep any silvers hidden till the end and will make this a challenge/contest that will allow me to share a piece of my good fortune. Once I'm done, I'll leave all of the silvers exposed with just the edge showing. Whoever answers the challenge question correctly will have one of the silvers mailed to them.
I'll check back soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1720.jpg
    IMG_1720.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1721.jpg
    IMG_1721.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1722.jpg
    IMG_1722.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 138
Awesome. I like how you keep all the silvers unexposed until the last moment! Kind of like admiring that silver edge in the dirt before wiping the dirt off the face of a silver find.

Awesome. I like how you keep all the silvers unexposed until the last moment! Kind of like admiring that silver edge in the dirt before wiping the dirt off the face of a silver find.

Lol... funny thing is I usually don't because I average about 1 silver per box. I just found so many so fast ( 1 per roll for 7 out of the first 10 rolls) that I decided to have some fun with it. I still haven't opened them yet because I still have some work to do tonight and I want to have a reward for myself when I get it done.

Here's the contest...

It looks like I have at least 23 silvers. I can't say for sure because I haven't opened the roll with the 68D ender. The contest has three parts. I will accept answers through tomorrow (Friday) evening to reward those who check this site often. Here's how I'll run it. I'll start with question one, if more than one correct answer I'll use question two , and if still more than one correct answer, question three will be the tie breaker.
Question number one. How many of the silvers will be 90%ers?
Question number two. What year is the thick shiny coin that looks like a proof?
Question number three. What is the date of the oldest coin ?
The closest responses to questions two and three should break any ties. If not my tie breaker will be the first person to post the response that is closest.
Now back to work so I can get finished and then open these the rest of the way. :jawdrop:

Attachments

• IMG_1723.jpg
    IMG_1723.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1724.jpg
    IMG_1724.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 135
#1. Six of the haves will be 90 percent
#2. The shiny one is a 1969
#3. The oldest half will be a 1942 Walker

Thanks for the contest!

#1 4 will be 90%ers.
#2 Thick shiny one is a 1964.
#3 Oldest will be 1953.

Awesome box!!! Hopefully mine will be half as good as yours!
Thanks for the contest!

#1 Six 90%
#2 2009 silver proof
#3 1937

Thank you for the contest, it is an interesting one. My first two boxes of halves in quite some time arrive tomorrow, I hope I am half as lucky as you haha.

#1. 5 of the haves will be 90 percent
#2. The shiny one is a 1964
#3. The oldest half will be a 1964

I'll guess:

1. 6 90% Silver
2. 1976 Silver Proof
3. Oldest is 1964

Thanks for the contest and congrats on your finds! :woot:

Congratulations for having a great box of halves and for including everyone in your fun and excitment.

1: 2 of the coins will be 90%
2. The Shiny one will be a 1977 Proof
3. Oldest coin 1964

Thanks everyone. There are some great guesses out there. I have some interesting answers and will be sharing them at the end of the contest. Keep the guesses coming and good luck.
John

Thanks everyone. There are some great guesses out there. I have some interesting answers and will be sharing them at the end of the contest. Keep the guesses coming and good luck.
John

Will you be posting the results tomorrow on Saturday? Can't wait to see what you uncovered!

That's a dreamer box you got there! The kind all CRHers want! HA HA

Royal Congrats on that great take!:D:D

I have been waiting to hear from you on this KT. Once I reveal the totals I'll be interested in thoughts on how this happens. Clearly it is unusual as I have averaged one silver per box up until now, and have been skunked a couple of weeks other than NIFC's. This one had a number of NIFC's with the most recent being a 2016, so it isn't a box that has been sitting around for a long time. Do people really dump coins like this regularly?
Thanks,
John

Back
Top Bottom