Just pulled the plug on a backup detector AT PRO!!!

TN_INDIAN

Forum Supporter
Just sealed the deal on a AT PRO!! Will have it next week. This unit will be my back up,loaner and water detector. So I will be asking a lot from this unit. Big exspectations!! Main plan is to first learn this unit. never had a garret but have played with my brothers 250 some. This unit will be used by home owners that allows me to metal detect there private yards. They will use the At Pro I will use the F75se. may not be ready to show someone how to be very effective with it this year as I will be learning it but do plan to hit the water with it this year when it gets to hot to dirt detectct. how easy is the At Pro to learn? is the learning curve anything like the F2 or is it more like a F75se learning curve. I don't see myself showing home opwners how to use it this season but maybe next season idk. Im a fairly slow learner but picked up the f2 very fast. Have over 100 hrs on the F75 se before things started really clicking. Btw I got the standard dd coil and cheapo head phones with it as well THANKS. Any tips is great appreciated. Now gotta go check outside to see if its here yet :shock:

The AT Pro was my first detector, used it heavily for 6 months, and before that time had passed I had begun feeling much more confident with it. It's not a hard detector to learn in my opinion, but I've never had another detector before that one. It's far easier than the CTX I can say that.

There are some good tips around for getting the most out of its depth capabilities, search the forums you will find a lot of info.

at pro

I just bought a ATPro also....when you get yours you will be using it as you say your go to detector,,,,I dont know about your soil there but here where I am
the AT Pro goes very deep...Im going to have to rent a backhoe to dig my targets from now on....:lol:

The AT Pro was my first detector, used it heavily for 6 months, and before that time had passed I had begun feeling much more confident with it. It's not a hard detector to learn in my opinion, but I've never had another detector before that one. It's far easier than the CTX I can say that.

There are some good tips around for getting the most out of its depth capabilities, search the forums you will find a lot of info.

thanks man! Yea the f2 was my first detector ever and after a month r 2 using it very heavily I got pretty good with it. Cant say the same about the F75 se. Thing was a beast. But shes tame now after 1 year :wow:

I just bought a ATPro also....when you get yours you will be using it as you say your go to detector,,,,I dont know about your soil there but here where I am
the AT Pro goes very deep...Im going to have to rent a backhoe to dig my targets from now on....:lol:

Idk about that lol. My f75 se is my go to detector but hey anything is possible. I plan to use it pretty heavily for next serveral months to get the feel for it before I use it in the water and before I loan it to a buddy. I want to have some basic skills with it first before I do anything that I have planned for it. But I do have very high expectations for the At Pro. its gonna be more than just a back up detector.

Cant wait till the water warms up. I have some killer old swimming holes that I know for a fact is holding some goodies! just hope im good enuf with the pro before then esp since I never used a garret but once and that was my brothers 250.

What ya mean captain lol?

Shoulda got another F2. You...ahem...found a bunch of good stuff with your last one, know how to operate one...so showing someone else how to use it would be easy. Or give them the F75 and you use the F2:lol:...seriously though, you're hardly fluent in Fisher, now you wanna try and learn Garrett? Good luck with that. Really, good luck...

plug

TN Indian
Good thing about the AT Pro is:you can pull the plug and it still Hunts,,
I learned mine in like 30 minutes,,(Guess) being a Garrett kind of person..

Cant wait till the water warms up. I have some killer old swimming holes that I know for a fact is holding some goodies! just hope im good enuf with the pro before then esp since I never used a garret but once and that was my brothers 250.

Lets go get them goodies brother! AMEN:cool::shock::detector::bling::digginahole::friends:

got a scoop yet?

No my plans are to learn the machine in the dirt first cause im sure water hunting is harder than dirt fishing. Idk all I know is I have watched a ton of vids on u btube on water hunting and it looks very challenging. For 1 u cant see the coil. And for 2 u gottab guess where the target is to scoop it up... See I know nothing about vwater detecting but I do plan to use the pro in the water before season is over. That's my goal anyways. Thanks HH

Shoulda got another F2. You...ahem...found a bunch of good stuff with your last one, know how to operate one...so showing someone else how to use it would be easy. Or give them the F75 and you use the F2:lol:...seriously though, you're hardly fluent in Fisher, now you wanna try and learn Garrett? Good luck with that. Really, good luck...

Yea well I got some really old water holes I been eyeing for a while. And needed a back up detector and loaner so yea the pro fit that description. Wish fisher had a decent water machine with a screen with a decent price...

TN Indian
Good thing about the AT Pro is:you can pull the plug and it still Hunts,,
I learned mine in like 30 minutes,,(Guess) being a Garrett kind of person..

Awesome hope its easy to learn like the f2. I plan to be in the water by the season end. HH

Back
Top Bottom