Unique AT pro help graph ( not sure what to call it )

ohiochris

Elite Member
Well I have to admit it now , in spite of the fact that I said on another thread that the small readout on the AT pro screen wouldnt bother me , now I have to say there is a part that I would like to see better because it is small and cramped. The possible target indicators where the cursor lights up under the symbol for the possible target. Its not necessary since the numerical scale is plenty big and the tones offer so much information , but something about the scale at the top I like to see for quick glances and such. A while back I seen a picture where someone made a strip with larger symbols or something like that , I didnt pay much attention to it at the time but now I see something like that as a good idea. I dont know if it was on this site or another one and I cant find the thread any more. Id like to go back and see an example of how it was done a little closer , to get an idea of how to do it. I think the person called it a cheater or cheet sheet but I cant remember and all I get when I do a search is the list of VDI numbers. Anyone know what Im talking about or know of a picture like that ?

how about this?

Attachments

• graph.jpg
    graph.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 428
Experienced hunters don't really watch the screen. I only really use my screen to see that my settings are correct when I start out. It's the sounds that need to be recognized, not really the VDIs. No detector VDI is accurate on deep targets, and they all lie about the depth indication. On the AT Pro, run it in pro mode, the sounds will give you more good info than the screen. It just takes time to learn the sounds and if you strictly go by VDI you will be missing good targets.

Experienced hunters don't really watch the screen. I only really use my screen to see that my settings are correct when I start out. It's the sounds that need to be recognized, not really the VDIs. No detector VDI is accurate on deep targets, and they all lie about the depth indication. On the AT Pro, run it in pro mode, the sounds will give you more good info than the screen. It just takes time to learn the sounds and if you strictly go by VDI you will be missing good targets.

2x on that.

I don't have years of experience like many of you here do. I did however learn real fast to use my ears first. Kinda like going from driving a neon car and then jumping into a 18 wheeler, you have to listen to what the engine is tell you.

Yeah i know. Ive been detecting for a long time and primarily use my ears but there are times when i like to take a quick look at the readout as well. But basically just as a cheater until i get used to the sounds the AT is making and what it tells me. After using the ace for 3 years i got in the bad habit of looking at the legend of symbols at the top with every ding.

how about this?

Actually its more like a simplified but enlarged version of the symbols actoss the top of the AT'S screen and still on a thin strip. If i remember correctly he had it color coded or something as well. I wish i would have paid more attention to it back when i seen it so i would atleast know what i was looking for. I may just have to get creative and see what i come up with. Thanks for the help though

It took me awhile to learn my atp but I hardly ever look at the screen sounds are more accurate for me jmo

I hope u find the chart. I hope to get the AT pro myself someday and that would be helpful. HH

Deep iron often sounds the same as silver.

Deep iron often sounds the same as silver.

I have yet to find a deep iron target, that did not give me some iron sounds. If you whip over it fast, you may get a high tone. Go slower, study it, and you may get those mixed high/low tones, letting you know it's probably iron.

I have yet to find a deep iron target, that did not give me some iron sounds. If you whip over it fast, you may get a high tone. Go slower, study it, and you may get those mixed high/low tones, letting you know it's probably iron.

I find them often. Of course I turn iron audio on and not a peep.. not even a bleep. Not even a.. well, you get the point.

I can completely bury the lesche and go up to my wrist before I find the offending item, usually a large very rusty nail or chunk of something that is rusted horribly that, when buried under the dirt, doesn't ring up as iron.

Back
Top Bottom