Funny things that have happened to you while metal detecting

Sigh

Ok, reckon I'll add my 2 cents as well. As this was recent, night before last, sigh.

I'm pretty much a night hunter out here in AZ... not only because it's HOT, but because I enjoy it that way etc. But, night hunting has it's up's and down's, sigh.

So, there I was hunting away... nice enough night... relaxing a bit... hit one, dig ye olde plug, grab ye olde (ok, not so old, was from the 80's) penny.... put the plug back in... walk about 6-8 feet... "hmmmm, sumpin not quite right here"... feels like the plug is stuck to my right bottom of shoe... (its happened before, as I also step on my plugs when done)... so, as no big deal, in the dark I just reach down to to grab and knock the mud from bottom of my shoe... Hmmm, that felt awfully "squishy" for a chunk o mud, and the "texture" was not quite right either!!! Yup, you guessed it the ol take a whiff came next, arggh!!!! Was not MUD(!!!), or at least not the kind I assumed was there... was totally grossed out, almost hurled(!), you have no idea how fast I wiped my hand across the grass and home many times I did that!!!! Yeah, ended up kind of a short hunt, really needed to get home and find some soap.... hurl! So, instead of a Happy dance, ended up doing the Upchuck Dance!

Yeah, the pitfalls of assumption and night hunting, dang, was fairly fresh, sigh. But, yeah, really happened. Hurl.

Ok, reckon I'll add my 2 cents as well. As this was recent, night before last, sigh.

I'm pretty much a night hunter out here in AZ... not only because it's HOT, but because I enjoy it that way etc. But, night hunting has it's up's and down's, sigh.

So, there I was hunting away... nice enough night... relaxing a bit... hit one, dig ye olde plug, grab ye olde (ok, not so old, was from the 80's) penny.... put the plug back in... walk about 6-8 feet... "hmmmm, sumpin not quite right here"... feels like the plug is stuck to my right bottom of shoe... (its happened before, as I also step on my plugs when done)... so, as no big deal, in the dark I just reach down to to grab and knock the mud from bottom of my shoe... Hmmm, that felt awfully "squishy" for a chunk o mud, and the "texture" was not quite right either!!! Yup, you guessed it the ol take a whiff came next, arggh!!!! Was not MUD(!!!), or at least not the kind I assumed was there... was totally grossed out, almost hurled(!), you have no idea how fast I wiped my hand across the grass and home many times I did that!!!! Yeah, ended up kind of a short hunt, really needed to get home and find some soap.... hurl! So, instead of a Happy dance, ended up doing the Upchuck Dance!

Yeah, the pitfalls of assumption and night hunting, dang, was fairly fresh, sigh. But, yeah, really happened. Hurl.

That made me spew coke on my computer screen I was laughing so hard I hurt my ribs.Ken

I was hunting a dried up lake Sunday with SilverStar and Rob when I got a solid 12-46 quarter signal on my E-Trac. When I pinpointed it said 5 inches. When I pulled a mud plug of about 5 inches there was a red knit ladies glove stuck to the bottom of the plug and partially still buried in the mud below. I gave it a good jerk and pitched the glove a few feet from the hole. I then checked the hole with my pinpointer and there is no signal to be found. I rechecked the hole with my E- Trac and also nothing. I sat there for a few seconds and then it hit me. The quarter must be in the glove. I picked up the glove and my pinpointer went nuts. The quarter was in the thumb!

No night hunting for me!:shock: I can't quit laughing.:lol::lol::lol:

I was hunting a dried up lake Sunday with SilverStar and Rob when I got a solid 12-46 quarter signal on my E-Trac. When I pinpointed it said 5 inches. When I pulled a mud plug of about 5 inches there was a red knit ladies glove stuck to the bottom of the plug and partially still buried in the mud below. I gave it a good jerk and pitched the glove a few feet from the hole. I then checked the hole with my pinpointer and there is no signal to be found. I rechecked the hole with my E- Trac and also nothing. I sat there for a few seconds and then it hit me. The quarter must be in the glove. I picked up the glove and my pinpointer went nuts. The quarter was in the thumb!

I thought you were going to say there was a hand in the glove and the hand had a ring on a finger! Gross!

Funny thing happened while I was out metal detecting... I came home
imagesCAP0KZ4V.jpg

one of the funniest things happened to me once I didn't find anything in a site, and on the way back after packing my detector I found a coin laying on top of the ground :lol:

I hope I am not offending anyone with this...Just thought it funny for you, but embarrassing for me...
Whenever I dig junk, the first words out of my mouth are "Ahhhh Fuggit!". So I had my Grandson with me one time at a beach and I kept digging pull tabs and screw caps...I kept saying it with every find, not realizing the grand kid was listening to everything I said...I decided to give up after a half hour of digging trash...I fell asleep in a lawn chair when my grandson pokes me in the arm and shows me a handful of pulltabs and screw caps and exclaims "Look at all the Fuggits I found Poppi!!!"...I felt so bad, but could not help smiling too...
Must learn to stop swearing like a pirate...

HH,

LOL!! That is hilarious :)

A few months ago i was detecting a tot lot and a little girl says " Are you looking for dinosaur bones?" And i said in a sarcastic voice "YES because they are metal" She says No they're not and walks off lol :lol: She knew it was a metal detector but asked if i was finding dinosaur bones lol. Also another time there was a little boy who said " wanna find something he had his little toy car in hand and buried it under the wood chips. I just walked off :lol:

A few months ago i was detecting a tot lot and a little girl says " Are you looking for dinosaur bones?" And i said in a sarcastic voice "YES because they are metal" She says No they're not and walks off lol :lol: She knew it was a metal detector but asked if i was finding dinosaur bones lol. Also another time there was a little boy who said " wanna find something he had his little toy car in hand and buried it under the wood chips. I just walked off :lol:

remembers me a man once asked me if the metal detector could detect glass and plastic :?:

I could'nt understand why i was digging up all these fishing sinkers in a soccer field 30 miles from the ocean some at 6 inches down. I must have dug 6 up to 4 oz's:?:

Funny Stuff

1. Took my daugther (8 years old) to a large sand playground where she played and I MD'd. Later on she wanted to help me so I let her hold the Vibraprobe 560 PP (bullet shaped). After a while she decide to go pack on the upper parts of the playground house. I told her I just got a signal so I needed her to come and help me. So she yells nice and loud " Daddy I got my Vibrator" while swinging the PP overhead. It was time to leave :)

2. While metal detecting on post this teenager with many crazy piercing starts asking me questions about what I'm doing. The he see me using the PP on a signal. Once I explained what the PP was used for, he had a special request. He has a piercing/stud hading out from below his lip. So I had to let him use the PP to touch his piercing, he was so blown away by the vibration.
The two weeks later he sees me again and ask to do it again to show his friends.

3. I broke my e-tool (miltary shovel) trying to dig/pry our a buried relic shovel.

4. I have been asked many times if I was looking for mines or explosives (on post/soccer field).

5. Asked by teenagers if that thing will find dollar bills.

6. Recived high praises for such a quiet weed-wacker

Anyone that has experience with the bumble bee stick (ace 250) will appreciate this one...

I'm detecting at the beach and get a signal, so I start trying to pinpoint it with the MD and this older gentle man walks by right at the moment it goes off, he runs over and asks what i'm doing, did i find something, etc. Then goes on to explain that he is VERY hard of hearing, but he sure heard that thing! :lol: Not too funny i don't guess but you know your machine honks loud enough when the deaf people run to you! (very sweet old man btw, if perchance you ever see this)

Hunted a farm field once with two buddies of mine...one is a bit "large".....he had a nice signal....was on one knee digging his loot, when along came one of the cattle in the field and horned him right in his arse as he was bent over....sent him flying....funniest thing me and my other friend ever saw....we were laughing for 15 minutes at the site..

Being a farm boy, this really made me laugh:lol:

I take my dog everywhere with me,he's a Black lab about a year and a half old now. anyway, he is never leashed and never strays more than 20 feet away ...so I feel comfortable having him with me while I'm not paying attention to him.
So I'm at my friends house (1880's) and his lawn is like a golf course! he gave me permission to hunt after seeing my own lawn, how I filled my holes. so me and the dog are out there(he loves my dog) and after about an hour of MDing I take the headphones off and look up in horror...my dog was following behind me digging up everyhole I had carefully re-plugged:shock: I had to call in a favor from another friend to repair the lawn.

my dog is no longer allowed to MD with me:no:

Back
Top Bottom