• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

10 Inch Tornado Coil Pinpointing

Burbank Bob

Forum Supporter
I'm having trouble learning how to pinpoint my Tornado coil on my Sovereign GT.

Can't find any videos and wondered if any of you that know would share some "how to"..

I've only been using the machine for about 10 hours, so I'll admit to being a rookie.

With my Ace 250, I could pinpoint dead on. This coil seems to never put the target in the same spot and I wind up using the propointer to locate if possible within area of the coil so I don't dig multiple holes.

This is the machine with coil if you need a visual.

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 259
I'll answer my own question. Got it down.

Sweep short left right pulling the coil back towards you until the tone just stops and target will be just in front of the coil, maybe a bit left or right, but very accurate.

Mmhh..., pinpointing is not that easy with this coil. Was used to do this in disc mode by x-ing the target. For better localizing the coils edge will be very helpful.

Thanks for the video, Vito!

Former owner gave me the tip, I tried it and it works well. May be a little off but I can recover targets quickly now.

Really helps you NOT dig holes as big as that guy in the video does. Mine are about 1/4 that size and now I can get so close with the propointer that I can just pop most coins with no hole. I'm getting this park hunting thing down.

Guy in the video needs a propointer. That reminded me of me trying to find something with the HF pointer. What a difference the Garrett Propointer makes in recovery!

:blush: ammmhhhhhhh.............

yo, ahmmhhhhhh.....................

:blush: you got me. :lol: But I think I don't need that propointer. :lol:

The Sov.GT isn't any longer in the arsenal and with my other detectors the p/p is still dead on. The bullseye II is helpful, but I also like to sweep a hand full of dirt over the coil. Depends on the situation.

TNX for the response and All The Best...:lol:

Good Hunting

Back
Top Bottom