Need help going back to the DFX deep silver program.

Fletch71

I was trying to set the original Deep Silver program from the back of the manual to the DFX last night and I couldn't figure one thing out. I had started out by loading the deep silver program but when I go in and make an adjustment the numbers were off so I consulted the DFX Manual and set all the numbers and saved over the demo program. It took the save and all the numbers are accurate now except the Disc Edit and Block Edit. I read the Manual and an old e-mail explaining how to make a change but I am still lost at sea. I am trying to save the Deep Silver Disc Edit and Block Edit. It states in the Manual that is (Rej -95-+14) (Acc. +15- +95). Does the Disc Edit and Block Edit automatically change as I tweek all of the other settings?

This is an eeprom program so you should be able to save any adjustment. I would suggest you go in and do not block edit but edit the numbers you have to only. I'm curious. Why would you want to go back to this program ? I have found it was generally erratic and unuseable.

No nothing changes. As your changing more than one alteration to the discrimination settings then you use only BLOCK EDIT.
I would select block edit and scan through down to minus 95. Check if its accept or reject. If its accept use the ENTER control to switch to reject. If its already reject then just carry on and use the arrow control to carry reject up through the settings till +15 appears and press ENTER. This changes between accept and reject so you press it until its what you want, in this case accept, and then continue to use the arrow control to continue accepting up the range to +95.
Hope thats not as clear as mud. I've not picked up a DFX in twelve months at least so am having to think it through. I would suggest for really deep silver you accept right down into the minus figures ie Reject -95 to -21 and accept all the way up from there.

Fletch, I agree with Tony here. I used the deep silver program, and found the same thing. It was all over the place for me. Have you gone to the DFXonly forum and looked at the programs they have listed there. I picked up some very good tips there.

I thought he meant the Deep Silver that was on the DFX site. Doesn't seem to be many programmes on there now. Rudy's programme with a few tweaks is good for deep small silver.

New material.

I cannot figure the Bloc Edit and Disc Edit settings. I know how to get there and know how to use the buttons but it doesn't make sense. I click on the numbers to change and the little check mark switches from ACC. to Rej. as I go up and down in numbers. I go down to -95 and when I move the check mark to Acc. the -95 is there as well. I need step by step directions on how to input this: Rej. (-95 - +14) Acc. (+15 - +95). THis is the input setting for the Deep Silver program in the DFX manual.

Right.
Go to BLOCK EDIT
press ENTER
Hold DOWN arrow down until minus 95 shows in the box.
(each time you press ENTER the tick will flick from accept to reject and back. Might go from reject to accept because we don't know what its been set at before.)
So if REJECT is ticked fine, its where you want to start. If ACCEPT is ticked one press on ENTER will change it back to what you want.
Now press the UP arrow until + 15 is displayed (reject will have automatically been carried on up the numbers so no worry there).
Press ENTER again. This changes the rejected +15 to an accepted +15.
(you may be getting confused between +,-, and accepted/rejected they are not connected).
Holding (or repeatedly pressing) the UP arrow will carry you up to +95 and again each number will be made an accept number automatically.
Squeeze the trigger and off you go. See if there's any changes you want to make, perhaps to suit your hearing and save the programme.
Hope that helps. Trouble is after a bit you do it all without thinking about it which doesn't help if you try to explain.

Thanks Brian.

Thanks for spending the time and writing the directions out... Have a great day.

Back
Top Bottom