Stretching the equinox truth?

Amazon is all over the news with fake reviews,people actually getting paid to give 5 star review.As for Minelab,they had trolls doing this for years.But,I’ll be the first to say Minelab does make a very good machine.
Last week I was ready to buy a nox.I still am but a little hesitant again.Reason being,Ive saw at least 5 different nox 600 machines for sale used in the 5 to 600 dollar range,and although some sold ,some haven’t.and nobody jumped on the ones that sold,took a day or 2.
So,I know the 800 is on backorder,,and I also know from reading there’s not worlds of difference between the 600 and 800,,more of a difference for a relic hunter than a coinshooter.
I’m guessing the jury is still out as far as a lot of people are concerned,buyers that is.It just makes me wonder why,and just maybe it’s not worth giving up machines that people are already comfortable with,the gain could be minimal at best.
I see the nox as a good unmasker in iron.Ocassionally I run into some iron,mostly bigger iron.I don’t hunt nail riddled sites,so no need for a machine that does great on a nail test.
I just don’t know,I like Minelab and want to give them the benefit of the doubt.I have the 705 with a few good coils,and it works great.Its a toss up now between a Etrac or a nox for my next purchase,I Guess it’s the unknowns that are stopping me from buying a nox,and the unknowns about the nox that’s stopping me from buying a Etrac.lol.

One of the things that put me over the top, and ordering the 800, is that the system is upgradeable via USB, if and when Minelab tweaks the operational system.
I haven't seen anyone comment on that ability, but for me, it's a winner!

Amazon is all over the news with fake reviews,people actually getting paid to give 5 star review.As for Minelab,they had trolls doing this for years.But,I’ll be the first to say Minelab does make a very good machine.
Last week I was ready to buy a nox.I still am but a little hesitant again.Reason being,Ive saw at least 5 different nox 600 machines for sale used in the 5 to 600 dollar range,and although some sold ,some haven’t.and nobody jumped on the ones that sold,took a day or 2.
So,I know the 800 is on backorder,,and I also know from reading there’s not worlds of difference between the 600 and 800,,more of a difference for a relic hunter than a coinshooter.
I’m guessing the jury is still out as far as a lot of people are concerned,buyers that is.It just makes me wonder why,and just maybe it’s not worth giving up machines that people are already comfortable with,the gain could be minimal at best.
I see the nox as a good unmasker in iron.Ocassionally I run into some iron,mostly bigger iron.I don’t hunt nail riddled sites,so no need for a machine that does great on a nail test.
I just don’t know,I like Minelab and want to give them the benefit of the doubt.I have the 705 with a few good coils,and it works great.Its a toss up now between a Etrac or a nox for my next purchase,I Guess it’s the unknowns that are stopping me from buying a nox,and the unknowns about the nox that’s stopping me from buying a Etrac.lol.

How dare you even suggest NOT detecting in hunted over, iron infested, nail-ridden sites? It's been made pretty clear by at least one "Nox" preacher here on the forum that if you think hunting piles of searched over iron for a couple smashed buttons is a waste of YOUR time or YOUR hunting style, you're a rookie who doesn't know how to detect and is ridiculous...

I just find it odd that people actually put the "data" from these paid liars and hype men like "Dr. Tones" or whichever D-bag is on today into their decision making process. When did it become just fine to make obviously false statements to push a product? Toyota trying to make the Camry a "race car" in their modern commercials comes to mind. :laughing: Integrity? Honesty?

Naw, we'll take the hyperbole and make believe since it fits our self-defined reality, thanks. :roll:

Regardless, GL&HH to all! :aok:

How dare you even suggest NOT detecting in hunted over, iron infested, nail-ridden sites? It's been made pretty clear by at least one "Nox" preacher here on the forum that if you think hunting piles of searched over iron for a couple smashed buttons is a waste of YOUR time or YOUR hunting style, you're a rookie who doesn't know how to detect and is ridiculous...:

I like buttons but I’ll skip the iron riddled spots..Seems everything I hear anymore is about iron and nail tests.But I guess that’s where these guys make they’re finds,and types of hunting conditions they prefer.
That don’t apply to me,I’ll stay a rookie cause I just don’t like those types of places.Im more a yard and park type of person,and I’ll dig anything that’s cool,although I prefer coin hunting.
One main reason I like Minelab is because they’re stable,at least fbs and xterra..Just a nice smooth ride.But as for nail infested sites,I’ll pass it up regardless of what I’m using.

How dare you even suggest NOT detecting in hunted over, iron infested, nail-ridden sites? It's been made pretty clear by at least one "Nox" preacher here on the forum that if you think hunting piles of searched over iron for a couple smashed buttons is a waste of YOUR time or YOUR hunting style, you're a rookie who doesn't know how to detect and is ridiculous...

I just find it odd that people actually put the "data" from these paid liars and hype men like "Dr. Tones" or whichever D-bag is on today into their decision making process. When did it become just fine to make obviously false statements to push a product? Toyota trying to make the Camry a "race car" in their modern commercials comes to mind. :laughing: Integrity? Honesty?

Naw, we'll take the hyperbole and make believe since it fits our self-defined reality, thanks. :roll:

+1

I don't hunt in iron or at salt beaches so have no use for an Equinox. I will put my Eurotek Pro up against the Equinox anytime in the modern trashy parks and totlots I hunt. Go out to a modern trashy park full of pull tabs, bottle caps, zinc pennies, etc with your Equinox and see what I mean.

And yes, I had an EQ 800 and sold it for that reason.

Last edited:
And another equinox just hit the for sale adds here..lol..for those guys who said it would be months if we ever saw a used one for sale,you gotta eat some crow on that..lol..They’re popping up used all over.

You ask when did it become ok to make false statements to push a product,
I ask when was it ever not used to push a product?
Can my Silverado really pull a bass boat up a snowy ski hill? IDK.
Is it a good truck? Heck yes!
Were Jarts really great outdoor fun for the entire family?
Yes, unless you caught one in the eye. :yes:
I don't like many of the ways Minelab has promoted the Nox, Will I still buy one?
Yup!
P.S Couple more Q+A for the road, Will I try to sway you or get you to buy one? Nope.
Will I ever tell you it's better than an MXT, or tell Remmy it's better than Deus? NEVER!.... That would just be arrogant.

Last edited:
You ask when did it become ok to make false statements to push a product,
I ask when was it ever not used to push a product?
Can my Silverado really pull a bass boat up a snowy ski hill? IDK.
Is it a good truck? Heck yes!
Were Jarts really great outdoor fun for the entire family?
Yes, unless you caught one in the eye. :yes:
I don't like many of the ways Minelab has promoted the Nox, Will I still buy one?
Yup!

Yes! Lawn darts,I almost forgot I had a set in the basement...Fun for the whole family.Shoulda come with a first aid kit instead of a instruction book.:laughing:

I love my Silverado,rides like a caddy and rips hedges right out of the ground.Just a great work truck

Last edited:
Yes! Lawn darts,I almost forgot I had a set in the basement...Fun for the whole family.Shoulda come with a first aid kit instead o a instruction book.:laughing:

I love my Silverado,rides like a caddy and rips hedges right out of the ground.Just a great work truck

Lol! I have a Silverado and a Caddy, Two of the best made vehicles today IMO.
My point really is that there are many things that drive a person to make a purchase.
I don't typically hunt in nail riddled sites either and don't care to but I am interested if it unmasks some finds my 705 can't see.
Or potentially some small gold and broken chains my MX Sport isn't seeing in the water.
Just being over 1 pound lighter than MXS and better balanced, less elbow strain = Sold!
Anyone who claims any one machine is "Best" or better than someone else's is pure BS!
There's folks here with entry level machines that consistently make great finds.

I really believe that the Equinox is a good machine but I just can't buy into all the hype right now. I have had Minelabs in the past but I am definitely a Whites guy and always end up coming back to them mainly because I know if I have any kind of problem that the people at Whites will take care of my issue. The great posts with great finds with the Equinox that I have seen have been for the most part from people that always make great finds with their old machines. Most folks when they get a new machine want to hunt with it a lot so more finds are bound to happen. They also are gonna put them in areas that they thought the Nox would benefit them so no surprise they found stuff. I hunted side by side with a Nox user at my last club hunt and he did not find anything that I didn't find and actually we had the only 3 older coins pulled from the site (wheat cents ). The Nox user got 1 and I got 2 (and the oldest) with my Treasure Pro. Am I saying that I can outhunt a Nox or get the same depth as the Nox, absolutely not but I can say that on that day the Treasure Pro found more coins and found the oldest. I had to make a decision recently on whether to buy the Nox 600, or the MX Sport for water detecting here in the rivers and lakes. I also was considering the Mulit Kruzer but talked myself out of that one. I decided to get a used MX Sport and do not regret my purchase at all !!! It performs great and is plenty deep. There are small coils available and they are not outrageously priced. Guess what, 2nd hunt I found a Merc !! To each their own.

I really believe that the Equinox is a good machine but I just can't buy into all the hype right now. I have had Minelabs in the past but I am definitely a Whites guy and always end up coming back to them mainly because I know if I have any kind of problem that the people at Whites will take care of my issue. The great posts with great finds with the Equinox that I have seen have been for the most part from people that always make great finds with their old machines. Most folks when they get a new machine want to hunt with it a lot so more finds are bound to happen. They also are gonna put them in areas that they thought the Nox would benefit them so no surprise they found stuff. I hunted side by side with a Nox user at my last club hunt and he did not find anything that I didn't find and actually we had the only 3 older coins pulled from the site (wheat cents ). The Nox user got 1 and I got 2 (and the oldest) with my Treasure Pro. Am I saying that I can outhunt a Nox or get the same depth as the Nox, absolutely not but I can say that on that day the Treasure Pro found more coins and found the oldest. I had to make a decision recently on whether to buy the Nox 600, or the MX Sport for water detecting here in the rivers and lakes. I also was considering the Mulit Kruzer but talked myself out of that one. I decided to get a used MX Sport and do not regret my purchase at all !!! It performs great and is plenty deep. There are small coils available and they are not outrageously priced. Guess what, 2nd hunt I found a Merc !! To each their own.

Ever since pre ordering the Nox back in september I wanted to list my MX Sport for sale to re coup some of the dough spent, I just can't seem to bring myself to do it. It's a great machine! I bought mine early on and had to send it in for firmware update and I can't agree more that White's customer service is second to none. I think I might just keep it.

Ever since pre ordering the Nox back in september I wanted to list my MX Sport for sale to re coup some of the dough spent, I just can't seem to bring myself to do it. It's a great machine! I bought mine early on and had to send it in for firmware update and I can't agree more that White's customer service is second to none. I think I might just keep it.
I am very pleased with mine. I wouldnt get rid of it unless you have to. Mine is a later model so I didnt have to concern myself with the firmware update. Good luck with the Nox and keep me posted on how you like it.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I've been using my Nox in trashy parks and it unmasks coins quite well. I am happy with it.Not selling it or my Atpro.:D

Haven’t read all the posts, but I would only take the Nox over the CTX at the beach. Anywhere else I would rather have the better target ID and Target Trace of the CTX.

Also, you only have to charge two things with the nox, the machine and either the module or the headphones, wireless headphones don’t use the module.

One of the things that put me over the top, and ordering the 800, is that the system is upgradeable via USB, if and when Minelab tweaks the operational system.
I haven't seen anyone comment on that ability, but for me, it's a winner!

In theory it sounds good, but the CTX 3030 has that same ability and Minelab isn’t pushing regular updates out the door.

Just pulled these from the iron.....preacher man says its the end of time and the Mississippi river is going dry but a country boy can survive.... :laughing::laughing: IRON MAN ! :lol: yeah and it was with the NOX you guys are speculating about...

Attachments

• DSCN0401.jpg
    DSCN0401.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCN0405.jpg
    DSCN0405.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN0408.jpg
    DSCN0408.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 206
  • DSCN0410.jpg
    DSCN0410.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 201
Hit a silver dime trifecta today in my local trashy park with my 800. Hit 7 wheat pennies as well. All targets were at least 6 inches deep and mixed in amongst trash. Except rosie dime was right next to a nail by sidewalk I have pounded. I literally followed my buddies footsteps while he was using is racer 2. He did not hit any of these targets. I am really starting to love this machine. And if you check my first few threads I was not impressed right away. I got a couple of the digs on camera even. I will be posting that at some point. Keep in mind this is a small park that I and others have absolutely pounded for years and years.

cf5ddebbdf55a353144bf669473c73c9.jpg
ac6943f03265ee98a74af8711640d57a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom