Are you people paying full price for the Equinox machines?

Of the 5 I called for prices only Bart at big boys hobbies were full price. The others were all lower. Hate to put that out there but it is what it is..

Time and Gold wait for Nobody! Whats a few more scraps of paper in the scheme of things? Trying to save a nickel at the expense of a dollar? Pffft! $35 is totlot money! :laughing:

It's $134 for the discount... tot lot money for you Master Mud but it takes me awhile longer to pull that much clad... I'm probably following along behind you and picking up the meager scraps. :facepalm:
:snowballfight:

Nox 600

Hello,
I lucked out with someone canceling their order. I was first in line on the next shipment but that was 2 more weeks at least.
My take on the Minelab price is that if you are a service Vet you will get 15% discount thanks to Minelab. I think that's a great deal even if you are paying the list price. I will have my new 600 on Tues. 20th and saved almost $100. I bought from Bart on Big Boys and he's a true pleasure to do business with. I am sure he will treat you well. I highly recommend him. Good luck to all.
Bubbaron AT Pro, AT Pro Pin Pointer, Garrett 6 X 9 " Coil, NOX 600 Soon

If you are military or a vet with a DD214, Minelab has a 15% discount off of MAP (Minimum advertised price) for all of 2018. THANK YOU MINELAB!!
I ordered my 800 for $765 shipped with that discount. That's 15% off of $899 MAP. Couldn't be happier! #5 on the waiting list with my dealer.
The 600 with the Mil/Vet discount will cost you $552!
Amazing that an Australian company is giving a military discount, while Veteran-owned companies like Garrett, don't! Again...THANK YOU MINELAB!

+1 ... Actually. +3 =). Getting ready to head out
Again, find a good dealer, they'll take care of you.

It's $134 for the discount... tot lot money for you Master Mud but it takes me awhile longer to pull that much clad... I'm probably following along behind you and picking up the meager scraps. :facepalm:
:snowballfight:

$134!? By gosh lemme do some math here...You are right! Well thats a whole different matter! :laughing::laughing:

Didn't Pay Full Price

Hello,
I didn't pay the full price even without the 15% military rebate. The rebate was just icing on the cake. Big Boys Bart treated me well so maybe I was lucky ??
Bubbaron

My guess is you can either get a slightly lower price , or the military discount , just not both.

Ive got the money for a 600 and close to pulling the trigger with the military discount but there is something nagging at me saying its only $200 more , hold out for the 800. But then I would have to wait all summer for it to be shipped so confusing :?:

Nox 600

Hello,
The price I was quoted from Bart on Big Boys was more than fair even without the military discount from Minelab. I then got the 15 % on top of that. I felt I was treated well by a good dependable dealer. I have absolutely no regrets. I'll have my new Nox 600 early next week.
Bubbaron AT Pro, AT Pro Pin Pointer, 6" X 8" Garrett Coil Nox 600 Soon

I'm waiting to buy one used once the machines make it to the used market.

I'm thinking with the mass infusion of new detectors into the market in about 6 months there will be a mass infusion of used detectors available. All brands will be there but many of the not, when some can't get it to do much more than what they currently can do.

I was wondering this same thing - if people were paying MSRP.

From what I've read, the 600 will be fine for what I want. I really just want a machine that can handle the salt for the 2 weeks i'm on vacation and the random trips to the beach.

I was wondering this same thing - if people were paying MSRP.

From what I've read, the 600 will be fine for what I want. I really just want a machine that can handle the salt for the 2 weeks i'm on vacation and the random trips to the beach.

You can try calling. One of the sponsors here I called basically busted out laughing when I asked for a discount. Said he had too many waiting to pay full price to worry about any discount. Will say if I wanted a discount bad id just wait a bit. No doubt there will be used ones to be had. never seen any detector that didn't go this route.

You can try calling. One of the sponsors here I called basically busted out laughing when I asked for a discount. Said he had too many waiting to pay full price to worry about any discount. Will say if I wanted a discount bad id just wait a bit. No doubt there will be used ones to be had. never seen any detector that didn't go this route.

There is a certain amount of sense in what he said , but that certainly does not build a loyal customer base. The guy who will step up and offer atleast a small discount to you will likely sell you coils and maybe even more detectors in the near future. Some dont see it that way though.

There is a certain amount of sense in what he said , but that certainly does not build a loyal customer base. The guy who will step up and offer atleast a small discount to you will likely sell you coils and maybe even more detectors in the near future. Some dont see it that way though.

Well said. You want a dealer that is looking at the long road ahead, not just a quick sale.

Gosh, I wish you'd just call me about your next purchase. My dealer doesn't dick around. New or old, I probably get the best or at least equal pricing of anyone here on the forum. Last year between myself and referrals I spent more than 10k in 2016, 20k MSRP in 2017, and on track for another record year. I don't get any kickbacks either, just trying to help ya out....

Gosh, I wish you'd just call me about your next purchase. My dealer doesn't dick around. New or old, I probably get the best or at least equal pricing of anyone here on the forum. Last year between myself and referrals I spent more than 10k in 2016, 20k MSRP in 2017, and on track for another record year. I don't get any kickbacks either, just trying to help ya out....

Will next time. Can you do anything about UPS? Instead of delivering my Nox as scheduled and kept me waiting from 8 am to 9pm they finally just changed the delivery to Monday. Wasted all day Saturday waiting to sign for it. Thought the UPS stories of your stuff getting stolen might be coming into play. You see someone in brown swinging a Nox on the beach let me know:mad::laughing:

Will next time. Can you do anything about UPS? Instead of delivering my Nox as scheduled and kept me waiting from 8 am to 9pm they finally just changed the delivery to Monday. Wasted all day Saturday waiting to sign for it. Thought the UPS stories of your stuff getting stolen might be coming into play. You see someone in brown swinging a Nox on the beach let me know:mad::laughing:

Been there, done that with UPS. Frustrating as hell. Happens frequently with Amazon Prime deliveries, where the tracking shows the item ON THE TRUCK FOR DELIVERY, but never shows up, and rescheduled for next delivery day.
Customer Service people just know how to say "sorry for your delay".

NOTE: If this happens with Amazon purchases on Prime, call their customer service and complain. They will often put a $5-10 credit on your next purchase, for your troubles!

With all the hype driven demand you may need to pay full price to get one sooner then later. Right now it is a Supply and Demand driven market with the Suppliers having the upper hand. I guess you have to ask yourself how bad do you want one and what are you willing to pay. Myself, I really don't care price. I buy, test, and sell multiple detectors every year...keeping only the machines I really enjoy. I have even been trying to pay more then MSRP to get an 800 in my hand ASAP..so anyone out there with an unopened new in box Nox 800 I'll give you $1000 shipped to Michigan right now (hint hint):lol:.

With all the hype driven demand you may need to pay full price to get one sooner then later. Right now it is a Supply and Demand driven market with the Suppliers having the upper hand. I guess you have to ask yourself how bad do you want one and what are you willing to pay. Myself, I really don't care price. I buy, test, and sell multiple detectors every year...keeping only the machines I really enjoy. I have even been trying to pay more then MSRP to get an 800 in my hand ASAP..so anyone out there with an unopened new in box Nox 800 I'll give you $1000 shipped to Michigan right now (hint hint):lol:.

Have them ship me one too while you are at it.... :lol:

'Full Retail' for a tool = a common Gold Rush Marketing anomaly!...Get it while you can at twice the price!...theres 1000 Miners in line and only 500 shovels in stock...! Winter is coming! Time and Gold wait for Nobody! :laughing:

Same Mkt dynamic applies to about everything...Beanie babies, bumpstocks, beer or bacon...

Back
Top Bottom