• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Goodbye to an old friend

Sorry to hear about your situation. We lost our little lemon beagle in my avatar a couple of months ago too. I never realized how much a part of the family she was until she was gone. :(

Glad you got many years of memories with your old buddy. :)

G2M

So sorry to hear this man, that decision is one of the most difficult things anyone can do. I've been through the same, hand in there and know that you are doing the right thing for a friend.

MOZART
Master, I await You, long beside the Rainbow span.
On that Day we rejoin, rejoice, forever friends.
Zoom!, Your voice, I hear! I, Your dog, You, my Man.
Again, side by side in that Land that never ends.
Racing to take my rightful stand ever at Your Hand.
Trust Eternal in Your love - and I am Home, again.

I feel your pain and loss. It is said that every time a dog perishes, he takes a piece of his human's heart, and leaves a bit of his own soul in return. When we fallible foolish humans have enough "dog" soul, our entry into Heaven is guaranteed. You will find your dog's name in the first letter of each line in the above tribute.

Sage

So unfair

That dogs, mans best friend have such a short life compared to humans. They bond like children but leave to soon. sorry Curt.

So very sorry! It is for sure one of the hardest things to go through, I had to put down our 15 year old Springer Spaniel some years back and I felt the same as you about another dog but his absence left a great big hole. About a year later I found a Cocker Spaniel puppy for sale with all the markings of a Springer and I knew right away he was my new friend, My Springer was really smart and this little guy is as dumb as the day is long but he's a great dog that loves us as unconditionally as we love him. My thoughts are with you during this trying time. Rest in peace Mozart!

Thanks to everyone. He's at peace now and no longer suffering. I brought my vet a really good bottle of wine to toast my "Motor Boatz".....

Very sorry for your loss Curt. I know how tough it is. We lost our buddy Gruff this morning, but like you, I’m thankful for the time we had him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I truly understand. I lost my boy Buckshot ( german shorthair ) to cancer after 15 1/2 years of staying by my side...... no matter how thick the brush was in the field. brought a lovable boxer home.....after 7 years had to be put down with a brain tumor. The only thing I can assure you is...... your pup is in great company.

Very sorry to hear this. Mine is 14 now, and I dread the day I have to make this decision..... Thought are with you......

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. It surely helps. It's been just over a week, and I still miss my bud......:(

Sorry to hear that. I lost my German Shepard Rex a number of years ago. He had been abused when I got him but it wasn't long before we became the best of friends. I still miss him after all of these years.

so sad, it does take a piece of your heart.I had a rescued Brittany that was also very strong heart worm positive. We think he was about 3 years old when I got him. They treated the heart worms and got rid of them. I had him for seven more wonderful years and he finally passed due to congestive heart failure. Heart worms even if killed take a toll.
Do what I did and get another wonderful friend.

Saying goodbye to an old friend is very hard to do. Dogs are always there for you..always.
and your best friend for life.

Touching story.

i am sorry for your loss!
i my self feel animals some times are more
family then HUMIANs
i lost my girl in 2011 i spent 90,000$ in vet bills
i cryed like a little baby ..
i have her ashes in a box next to my bed,,
time will heal pain but the memory you can't replace
just my 2 cents worth god bless!

Sorry to hear about that. :( I can't imagine how hard it would be if my GSD died.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers as you go through this hard time.

Thank you all again so much for your kind thoughts. It feels cathartic to me to read this thread from time to time. I'm tearing up as I type this, and I guess that shows how much he meant to me. The weather is finally getting better here, and we will bury his ashes near our pond where he loved to swim. Thanks again all......

Back
Top Bottom