• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Here's a tough one. Help me ID what this is. *MORE PICTURES*

I've found two of Anna's tokens here near Phila. . Both were found by old Quaker schools. I am just catching up here at FMD. I was going to say the shape is a dead give away. Great find!

I had thought that "The Fays" was Anna Eva Fay and her husband, but obviously, that was another thing my brain got confused (at least I have a medical reason for that).

In any case, I have an example of the coins of both The Fays and AEF. Magicians tokens are another facet of my collection. My first, a Green River Whiskey token, was found in a dealer's junk box on the cheap. If I can find them reasonably priced, I'll buy them.

Happy collecting,

-- Tom

Wow. Old thread back from the dead. Thanks for bringing it back. That sure was a puzzling find. I still get it out and look at it.

1894 advertisement for a St. Louis appearance. Very cool find!

Attachments

• St__Louis_Globe_Democrat_Sun__Nov_25__1894_.jpg
    St__Louis_Globe_Democrat_Sun__Nov_25__1894_.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 117
Beat me to it. Congrats. I actually had two of these that I found at two different meeting houses. There’s a whole lot of info on her on the internet. Friends with Houdini. First woman this and first woman that.
Before tv, this was their entertainment. And if I remember right, if you bought her book, you got a token.
I gave one of mine to Swarthmore Friends Library. Big congrats !

Didn’t realize this was an old thread.. silly me. By the way, see down below, “American Digger” ? My Anna Fey find made their mag !!!

Back
Top Bottom