• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

No more Equinox

should start a thread for all those guys whos feelings are hurt because a new detector model has come out and is challenging their beloved units.. NEVER seen such garbage...:dingding::dingding::dingding:

Tuesday, March 20!

Will this be the only detector you've had besides your compadres? You're gonna like this machine! I think you hunt like I do: for gold and jewelry and clad. I hit a one sixteenth inch thick silver chain last night after finding the silver pendant that was on the chain. I'm looking forward to more chains:lol:
Congrats! You only have 6 more days!

Will this be the only detector you've had besides your compadres? You're gonna like this machine! I think you hunt like I do: for gold and jewelry and clad. I hit a one sixteenth inch thick silver chain last night after finding the silver pendant that was on the chain. I'm looking forward to more chains:lol:
Congrats! You only have 6 more days!

Sorry, I was just posting jokingly. As that is this years “spring equinox” date.

I would love to buy an Equinox 800, but danged if I just don’t have any money.

My compadres are better than I am too, but if I did buy another the 800 would be the ticket!

Yeah,
I can see some of the experienced detectorists, they are in a heavily nail ridden site using their detectors with smaller coils, one of their buds pulls up, snatches out a Nox with big ole 11" coil on it. And the other detectorists, just snigger.
Like right, what are going to do with that thing?

The detectorists think they know what will happen.
High fiving each other.

What they don't know is they are likely fixing to have CROW for supper. LoL

Btw, poster Trashfinder here, he may have some good crow recipes. Seriousy

Last edited:
Honestly,I’m glad the equinox is out.Gotta see it from my point of view.In December I sold a deus and a Etrac I had,and in January I sold my Safari..With winter here in Pennsylvania I figured I wouldn’t be using anything anyway,but I did keep 2 good midrange machines.
So I’m gonna get somthing here in a month or 2,I’ll only get out a few times until then anyhow.Its snowing right now outside,and about 20 degrees.Ill use what I got if I can get out.
BUT,,the market on the Etrac and the deus just keeps dropping for used.And if the nox is still all the rave when I’m ready to buy,ill pretty much be sure it’s the real deal then from everyone,with time on them.
But if for some reason reviews start to fall,I can’t see used Etrac and deus prices going back up,once machines hit a low that’s it,they’ll never go back up used.
So,it’s a win win situation for the buyer,if the nox is all that then great,if not it’s still great for used prices on others.
I feel bad for these guys with 10 top guns in there signatures,cause if they ever try to resell they’re gonna get hosed.lol..that’s if the nox obsoletes Everything

Honestly,I’m glad the equinox is out.Gotta see it from my point of view.In December I sold a deus and a Etrac I had,and in January I sold my Safari..With winter here in Pennsylvania I figured I wouldn’t be using anything anyway,but I did keep 2 good midrange machines.
So I’m gonna get somthing here in a month or 2,I’ll only get out a few times until then anyhow.Its snowing right now outside,and about 20 degrees.Ill use what I got if I can get out.
BUT,,the market on the Etrac and the deus just keeps dropping for used.And if the nox is still all the rave when I’m ready to buy,ill pretty much be sure it’s the real deal then from everyone,with time on them.
But if for some reason reviews start to fall,I can’t see used Etrac and deus prices going back up,once machines hit a low that’s it,they’ll never go back up used.
So,it’s a win win situation for the buyer,if the nox is all that then great,if not it’s still great for used prices on others.
I feel bad for these guys with 10 top guns in there signatures,cause if they ever try to resell they’re gonna get hosed.lol..that’s if the nox obsoletes Everything

Well wood butcher.
You should like to see folks who have these top guns. And comparing new detectors to them.

If I didn't have I couldn't gauge nearly as well how well Nox does really.
Yeah hunting sites, virgin, sure don't tell me much.
Maybe for some, not me.

Well wood butcher.
You should like to see folks who have these top guns. And comparing new detectors to them.

Maybe for some, not me.

Yeah,it's great that you got the top guns for comparison..I was meaning if a guy had a etrac and a v3i let's say,,and he wanted a nox,,he'd pretty much hafto sell both to get a nox,and of course he'd have change left.lol..seems like the used market is that soft

Yeah,it's great that you got the top guns for comparison..I was meaning if a guy had a etrac and a v3i let's say,,and he wanted a nox,,he'd pretty much hafto sell both to get a nox,and of course he'd have change left.lol..seems like the used market is that soft

I haven't seen any head to heads Nox vs V3i-you tubes or really even any At Max either.
Would be interesting to watch.

Calabash, can you help us out here. Lol

Just being honest here i was making jokes and pestering by posting things 6 months before the release. I was even thinking all the I TOLD YOU SO LINES i was going to get to use. And i can honestly tell you i have never been happier to be wrong as i was this time. Minelab released a machine that is incredible for trash sites where i hunt mostly. I have hardly ever hunted with any machine with stock coil, because they just could not perform. I have owned about everything, looking for some way to get an advantage in the trash and it was always with a 5 or 6 inch coil. I did fairly well with Deus but eventually used etrac and ctx with small coils and worked very slowly. Then came Impact and i got very good depth with the small elliptical coil and enough tone to know when to dig. THEN COMES the NOX and with stock coil i can find deep targets with very decent ID in extreme trash better than i can with all my other machines even with small coils! So i had to do a 180 degree turn on forums. Is it the best for every situation probably not , but i can tell you if you hunt in extreme trash situations you will not find a better machine for the price or maybe at any price! Yes etrac and ctx were a bit better on nickels and the nox has no overload for big shallow targets , but other than that i have no complaints.

Good plan!..same here!

Well wood butcher.

Maybe for some, not me.

Beach reports so far is she loves bottlecaps. I can handle bottlecaps for the gold. I may take some of these rotten caps I got and see what she does with a gold chain amongst them or some sort of that type test?

Not the case. Same drive the Equinox has you can do with others on a forum. The old stuff if you pump it up the price even on feebay reflects it. You start talking about a sov gt, etrac, blue Excalibur etc, the price frenzy rises. Heck a whites DFX bigfoot coil is at $1500 on feebay right now. They used to cost like $189 back in the day:lol:

Used markets have their ups and downs, but I doubt things will change too much for the Etrac and CTX prices until their successor joins the lineup. That machine is NOT the Equinox. I like my Equinox 600 but it lacks accurate FE/CO and depth information. Minelab isn't stupid and is not trying to compete against itself. With the Equinox, it's competing against companies like Nokta/Makro, Whites and Garrett in the mid-level segment of the market.

I view the Equinox as a scaled-down version of what the ET/CTX successor will look like--lighter, faster electronics, wireless, more readable LCD screen, better arranged and thought out settings, but with bells and whistles, and especially, the accurate FE/CO and depth info the Equinox lacks.

Used markets have their ups and downs, but I doubt things will change too much for the Etrac and CTX prices until their successor joins the lineup. That machine is NOT the Equinox. I like my Equinox 600 but it lacks accurate FE/CO and depth information. Minelab isn't stupid and is not trying to compete against itself. With the Equinox, it's competing against companies like Nokta/Makro, Whites and Garrett in the mid-level segment of the market.

I view the Equinox as a scaled-down version of what the ET/CTX successor will look like--lighter, faster electronics, wireless, more readable LCD screen, better arranged and thought out settings, but with bells and whistles, and especially, the accurate FE/CO and depth info the Equinox lacks.

Folks can believe what they want.
As far as beach hunting goes, I think CTX sales numbers will take a hit.
I also think CTX sales will take a hit by coin hunters.
I mean you can buy Equinox and new Etrac for what??
About the same as new CTX cost.
And a person doing IMO has wider latitude for detecting really.

But as long as folks buy Minelab anything really who suffers?
Not Minelab.

You take a Etrac and Equinox into old site and bust hard. Put small coil on Equinox eventually and hunt site too.
I would hate to be the person who has to go in and hunt.

And as more and more Noxes get into folks hands.
Having to hunt behind Etrac and Nox will indeed become a reality.

I was in an older site yesterday.
Folks would be surprised at how fast I could operate and move the coil around and pick up old wheat heads.
Nox is a minesweeper of a detector..
Everything on it meshes with me.

Ground minerals in this site amped up too.
Oh yeah somebody had been there before too.
They heard what I found and thought the coins were clad.

The Nox has an eagle's eye for spotting stuff buried.
Just too easy really.

Mud-puppy, if he wants a clad killer.
The Nox is it !!!
Better take about 2-3 people with him to dig while he keeps sweeping.
A one detector destroyer here.

Bigfoot coils obsoleted in my opinion due to Nox.

Some hotter ground Nox feedback. Also based on my use and this feedback, folks operating Nox in the real high mineralized ground, Nox 800 better choice.(speed setting faster allowed)
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/5874-high-mineral-and-equinox-tip/

Are folks noticing all the gold ring finds?
Why is this happening?
Two fold really.
Detector is smoking hot on gold.
But seems lots of gold rings bigger hit near nickel range, hence folks dig thinking nickel and bingo.
So yes Nox compression of ID scale here helps.

A Etrac or CTX, a lot of the same bigger rings I think would read farther away from nickel range, hence user thinks more of junk target.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom