Review of the new 9.5 HF Deus coil

I'm supposed to receive my elliptical today, and I'm going to take it to an 1810 Farm house tomorrow where I had hunted the yard in September. Now that the grass is low, I will be working a 5 acre field next to the home. I'll be interested to see how it performs. I'll have my 9 and 11 inch LF coils as well.

Thanks Calabash, I watched that the other day and saved the program (with the exception of the frequencies of course). It seems similar to what TnSharpshooter had recommended, except that you have higher Disc and lower Silencer. Actually, I just realized you recommended Reactivity of 2 vs his 2.5. Similar enough I guess.

I figure I will try those settings as well as Deus Fast and see what happens.

I've had the HF elliptical out twice now. I've been trying the pitch programs shared by Calabash and tnsharpshooter.

The first was a field near an 1810 farm house. I only found a 5c store token and a few clad there. My friend with the Etrac didn't find anything. I was pretty surprised, because when we hunted the yard around the house in the fall, we found a number of coins.

Yesterday I went to a wooded place with about 3-4 inches of snow that I've hunted alot with my Etrac and my Deus. I found two V nickels and a wheatie. The nickels were both found along what I assume was an old clothesline, because I have found 11 IHP's and an SLQ in the past right along this line. I've concentrated on this location alot in the past, because its where I have found most of my finds. The first nickel was out in the open and just jumped right out, and I'm surprised that I hadn't found it before. Especially since I find that nickels ID pretty well with the Etrac. The second one was under a heavy log that I had to dig in from the side, so I'm not surprised that I hadn't found that before.

This is a heavy iron area, so I was hoping to experience the HF unmasking some items, but I did not experience that. A couple of times I pulled square nails out of the hole, and figured this would be a case of it unmasking a target, but once the nails were gone, there was nothing left, so I was getting fooled by iron falsing (which is not uncommon). I clearly need more time with the coil, but any input would be appreciated.

Finally, as I hunted the road leading up to this place which is full of can slaw, I found myself wondering if there is a program where the HF would be useful in this environment.

Running the elliptical, it will be a vertically positioned nail that will fool a user.
Been there and done that many times. Lol
Just comes with the territory.
And when you dig, you'll likely miss, nail will be way off to the side.
One can chase their tail off too. Been ther and done that too. Lol

Reactivty levels 2.5,3, and 4 should be used in rough nail areas. And don't expect all nonferrous targets even coins to be textbook signals.
I dug a half dime out of an iron out up using elliptical coil, I wish could have captured on video.

Can slaw.
If it were me, I would set my tone break to break at 85 for highest tone.
All nickels, and higher conductice coins (that actually read true ID when detected will come it generally between 87-99.
Be on guard though for targets not giving ID, could be a deeper coin say.
Keep your reactivty lower like 2, and sweep slower. This lower reactivty will force Deus to id can slaw more accurately keeping it out of high tone region.
Now if you want to forget about nickels, you can opt to set your tone break up at say 91.

Run 28.8khz

If one elects to run 14.4khz, the above recommendations for tone break no good. You have to adjust down lower.
Doing some experiments will show a user a way to set up.

Thanks again for the feedback. Its interesting about the VID shift. With the LF coils, 96-99 were always iron, with the one exception that a 97 yielded a silver dollar. I got to the point of ignoring those numbers unless the tone was just super. I guess I need to pay attention to these numbers again.

I'll try the tone break for the can slaw, that should be helpful. I think for me, the quieter the better, and I've found the HF coil to be very quiet. I've tried various forms of low/open discrimination and full tones, and I just think its too much for me to process all those sounds. Bottle caps are another thing that drive me crazy.

I put the HF 9x5 coil on my machine right after they came out. I was So impressed with it I have not taken it back off and it is my primary coil. I find that after putting this coil on my machine, makes old fields that I have hunted new again. I find treasure right next to junk that others walk away from. I have also found nice Gold chains that I have seen others walk right over.

Back
Top Bottom