Rutus alter 71 advice

Klixxx

Hi guys
I recently purchased a Rutus alter 71 which i love.
Does any have any good settings for the alter 71
And any good tips to improve my searching success
Thanks in advance guys

Welcome to the forum.
If have a Rutus detector.
It is currently on loan to a member here.

Factory programs will work with detector.

Get a good ground balance.

You can eventually play with your tones.

I recommend stay in reactive setting 3 for a while until you get more use to detector.

Screen info,,can be very telling.
Not all presented is absolute, but a good guide many times.

Rutus detector is for the $$ a very good detector.
I don't have the wireless headphones so can't comment.

Couple folks here you may send private message to to get Rutus advice.
Donsell and NC Toad.

Hope this helps.
Any more questions or problems I'll try to help.

thank you tns
I'm from the UK. i appreciate all help whilst getting to grips with the ra 71.

I'm the guy that has the Rutus on loan from TNSS. I'm fairly new to detecting, not quite a year. Almost all of this time has been with a Fisher F70 and to a lesser extent a tesoro compadre. I've had the Rutus less than two weeks thus far and have found a nice silver earring and two gold rings. One of the rings was in my own yard and I've scoured my yard with the F70. So, with just basic knowledge of how to navigate the menu I made some nice finds with the rutus using the preset programs. The neat thing about the rutus is all you have to do is change the frequency and it's like having a different detector. I started off with the coins and basic programs. I found the rings using the fast program. If I were you, I'd try these three programs first. The deep silver program is dual mode with the detector running in disc and all metal at the same time. I believe the deep mode is similar. The ultra deep mode is straight all metal...I think...haven't tried it yet.

I love my Rutus as well. It's both very easy to use, but because it's so customizable, there is a lot to learn. I'm still learning how to adjust it to match my conditions.

Since your conditions are going to be different than mine, I can't tell you how to set up your machine.

I recommend that you start with the stock programs, which are very good. Study their description and settings in the manual and understand why the chose the settings they have for each program. And then try them in different locations and find the one you think works best in those conditions.

After you understand the best stock program for those locations, you can start to modify the settings yourself to dial in the right settings for your particular conditions.

This will take time. Many times I go out and want to just enjoy a hunt and use the stock programs, usually Big Silver, Basic, Coins or Fast and do fine. Every outing doesn't have to be spent playing with settings. Make sure you take the time to enjoy yourself as well!

I'm in the UK also, no better all rounder for our type detecting, i'll be going back to an RA71 very soon, unless the new ML is something special !!

Basically it's very similar in operation to a Deus, slow the machines reactivity down, use minimum disc and masking etc and go deep, or speed it up to sift between shallow iron etc.

I actually think i could run my RA71 at a lower reactivity in 18khz than i could with the Deus, maybe Tnss could check this out as he has both at the moment, going below reactivity 2 on my Deus in 18khz seems to chop the signal?

I'm in the UK also, no better all rounder for our type detecting, i'll be going back to an RA71 very soon, unless the new ML is something special !!

Basically it's very similar in operation to a Deus, slow the machines reactivity down, use minimum disc and masking etc and go deep, or speed it up to sift between shallow iron etc.

I actually think i could run my RA71 at a lower reactivity in 18khz than i could with the Deus, maybe Tnss could check this out as he has both at the moment, going below reactivity 2 on my Deus in 18khz seems to chop the signal?

I haven't done super I depth comparisons of Deus LF coils and Rutus as far as reactvity settings go.
The 2 detectors are scaled different obviously.
Deus reactive setting 0-5
Rutus reactive setting 1-8

I do think Rutus reactive setting more or less equals Deus set to 2 reactivity.
In much high mineral soil adjusting both upwards a bit might help with performance/detection.

Btw, XP in a way missed the boat with original version release of Deus and subsequent versions 3.xx. Meaning they added reactivity setting 2.5 with versions 4 update.
Why?
Because evidently XP seen a hole with Deus,,,from a separation/unmasking and depth standpoint.

I could see this too when I ran versions 3.2 bunches.
How did I do and what did I witness.

Some nonferrous targets in super polluted with iron sites,,,I could run reactivity 2 18khz using 9" coil, and with ultra slow, precision coil sweeps I could get targets...Reactivty 3 setting would give no signal, or a very weak signal.
I fully suspect if I would have marked these targets, and later used version 4 and 2.5 Reactivty these same targets could be acquired more easily with coil sweep speed and or with more error in with coil height.

Back
Top Bottom