ATP bell tone

Mikevet

What makes a bell tone on at pro? I want to say vdi was 77. I hit the signal and had to leave in a hurry and couldn't dig it. I think I was in standard mode.

What makes a bell tone on at pro? I want to say vdi was 77. I hit the signal and had to leave in a hurry and couldn't dig it. I think I was in standard mode.

Standard mode only uses bell tones, no change in tone with depth. Pro mode uses varied tones based on all the info gathered.

Seems like there was one specific setting that used both though. I can't remember which setting but I think it uses both bell tones and varied depending on if it was a high or med target. :?:

This has the same number of tones in each and about the same key. Main difference if I remember is modulation and proportional audio. The tone while in the same key will begin and end smoothly versus a sharp on and off.

I would agree with RR that I believe a 77 is a penny range.

This has the same number of tones in each and about the same key. Main difference if I remember is modulation and proportional audio. The tone while in the same key will begin and end smoothly versus a sharp on and off.

I would agree with RR that I believe a 77 is a penny range.

Yep, I don't think I would go out of my way, to go back, unless you just like to hear the "belltone" :(

Dimes ID 80-85. Copper pennies are high-pitched IDs upper 70s to low 80s. Zincs may vary more, based on how crusty they are & pieces broken off. Zincs often alternate low and high tones. HH, George (MN)

Leave in a hurry? Hope you weren't on private property!! ;)

I make a hole for those numbers. Depth is a big factor and the moistness of the soil too. Had some weird VDI this year with our summer's drought.

I've had deeper colonial coppers come in at the high 70's and also silver rings.

Go back and later tell us what you had. :yes:

Ive dug a couple silver dimes that came in around 77-78 'ish believe it or not. I usually only dig a percentage of penny range signals in the trashy penny scattered locations I hunt , .....just happened to get lucky that silver came out of the ground on the ones I dug.

The problem is that not only do pennies normally come in at that range but a lot of trash does too , sometimes even iron if it is just the right size. Anything under 82 can be a total crapshoot.

Ive dug a couple silver dimes that came in around 77-78 'ish believe it or not. I usually only dig a percentage of penny range signals in the trashy penny scattered locations I hunt , .....just happened to get lucky that silver came out of the ground on the ones I dug.

The problem is that not only do pennies normally come in at that range but a lot of trash does too , sometimes even iron if it is just the right size. Anything under 82 can be a total crapshoot.

That is exactly what the AT pro does, a copper penny comes in 81-82 solid. 77-78 is alumium, zinc penny is 79-80. My last silver dime came in as a copper penny. It will find silver... per chance in a area with zinc pennies everywhere like in Detroit, finding even a silver dime is rare. The AT Pro is better at finding copper with the same numbers & sound, silver does not light my machine up... a 90% copper 10% nickel quarter is 91-92. In a park in Detroit my AT Pro will hit 75-81 signals 300 times in 300 feet. How am I to dig 300 holes to find 300 pull tabs with no being a silver dime? My last dime I thought was a copper penny, I dig only signals higher then 82 on my AT Pro, its a crapshoot as ohiochris said.

Always did those numbers. The way the coin is oriented in the ground, worn coin, .... On a side note. I have dug way more Indians under 77 than above. Dug 90 the last three years. I always run in Pro Zero.

Now you have a opportunity to learn your MD , go back check it in Standard , then pro , play with the settings then DIG . My finds can be far and few in between ,so I play around with my ATP at times. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom