How to see a Mercury dime at 10'' with an AT Pro.

Sonny b

Elite Member
I buried a Merc at 10''s in my yard today as an experiment. I set my at pro on my usual hunting mode. Pro Zero, max sensitivity, 00 iron discrimination, and auto ground balance which landed on a 73. I swung over the target and got nothing. No sounds no displays nada. I then began to manually bring the ground balance down a little at a time. when I got down to 60 I started getting a faint high tone and an 82 vdi and a max 10 inch depth reading. I continued down to 59 and then 58 with the same results. But when I got to 57 and below everything stopped. No sound no numbers nada again. I have dug silver dimes at seven and eight inches but never this deep. I have dug silvers halves at this depth though. Anyway. I got this idea from members and you tubers so thanks to you all for the tips.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz64/spobby/IMG_0114_zpsb619f80e.jpg

interesting info there! in general, my AT g/b's at around 80-85 and i've backed it off to about 75 and i do tend to hear more than if i leave it at the auto setting. :yes: if the ground ever thaws here, i'll have to back it off some more and see what i've been missing. :D
thanks for the tip! :yes:

Pete

Shoot, I've tried two different Etracs w/10x12 coils, and can barely squeak a dime at 8"... in a test garden.

Cool tip. Impressive depth on a dime. I've heard of others doing this with good results. Thanks for the info. HH. Matt
This is one reason that the Tracking Offset feature on a 705 is handy.

Shoot, I've tried two different Etracs w/10x12 coils, and can barely squeak a dime at 8"... in a test garden.
Give that test garden a year or so undisturbed and your results will be much different.

Back
Top Bottom