AT Pro Newbies... Talk to me

Well today was a fun day teaching and learning at the same time. My son and i put our detectors together, and went out into the back yard. We dont have a large back yard but it was still fun. I found 2 clad pennies and we both found some nails. We definately need 2 Garrett Pro Pointers though. He stayed interested for hours. We then ate lunch and went down to the schools to hit the play grounds. I have the ATPro and was wondering if power lines would make the readings jump all over the place. It got so bad we couldn't detect in the fields. We ended up in play areas and found 1.71 in clad, and a ring. much better. I am hooked.:D I am happy with the lesche digger tools, pro pointer, and both detectors. I think the research payed off for my some and i.

Power lines will DEFINITELY make you readings go crazy.

Powe lines

The Pro has a frequency button. Adjust it. This should help. Hold down the button to switch it over.. ex: F1, F2 or F3
If that doesn't help you can turn down the sensitivity a notch

The Pro has a frequency button. Adjust it. This should help. Hold down the button to switch it over.. ex: F1, F2 or F3
If that doesn't help you can turn down the sensitivity a notch

Thanks for the tip. I will try that. As i use the atpro i am finding out a lot
about what i think is ground mineralization. I have been detecting around
my yard and have got good numbers but, once the hole is dug and i use my
pro pointer im getting variable readings. does the lack of rain make the ground minerals stand out more than if it rains and the dirt is wet? I am ground balancing a lot and its around 83~86. I am not sure what that means. Still loving the atpro.

Thanks for the tip. I will try that. As i use the atpro i am finding out a lot
about what i think is ground mineralization. I have been detecting around
my yard and have got good numbers but, once the hole is dug and i use my
pro pointer im getting variable readings. does the lack of rain make the ground minerals stand out more than if it rains and the dirt is wet? I am ground balancing a lot and its around 83~86. I am not sure what that means. Still loving the atpro.

Ground mineralization is a broad subject. Trash, small targets & salt content will affect your GB. I believe wet soil would have lower mineralization in your case. Add water, it dilutes the soil and gives low resistance to the MD. Sometimes when I feel like the GB is off a bit, I manually change it to 85... Seems to give good results. Make sure when you are turning your Pro on, you are not near any metal or obstructions. GB in an area where there is no metal too or else it just raise the numbers up and up.

not to get off subject above i wanted all to know that in the month I have had my ATP I dug silver #6 and #7 yesterday both mercs which are my 1st 2 that I have found which are a 42 and 45. I had zero silver coins with my cibola mainly because here in coal country we have lots of iron in the ground and I could'nt distinguish between iron and silver when hunting without disc on just too much noise. I gridded the area twice with my cibola and found no silver, after a few days rain I seen a oppertunity and took advantage of wet ground, went back over with the ATP and bang! there they were!

The AT Pro loves rain

not to get off subject above i wanted all to know that in the month I have had my ATP I dug silver #6 and #7 yesterday both mercs which are my 1st 2 that I have found which are a 42 and 45. I had zero silver coins with my cibola mainly because here in coal country we have lots of iron in the ground and I could'nt distinguish between iron and silver when hunting without disc on just too much noise. I gridded the area twice with my cibola and found no silver, after a few days rain I seen a oppertunity and took advantage of wet ground, went back over with the ATP and bang! there they were!

Congrats! My best hunts are when it's raining or right after.
It does a super job with wet ground. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom