• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

The Game

Lee1968

Elite Member
I am on the schedule for 60 hours this week. 5, 12 hour nightshifts. They will tax what I make and give it to politicians to give to someone else who is making no contribution to society. I renew my licenses and dutifully get my necessary permits and follow all of the rules. Every couple of years, politicians get on the TV and promise me things that I know are lies. They assure me if I vote for them this time, I will get a fair shake. They are lying. I know it and they know it. But still we play the game. I now watch on TV the riots (not protests). People who have no interest in society or following the rules. They burn police cars, occupy police stations, loot and destroy things other rule followers have worked their entire lives to build. Nothing will happen to them. There will be no punishment or repercussion of any kind. As a matter of fact, they are being celebrated for their tolerance of people like me. People who have apparently metaphorically had their knee on their neck by people like me for generations. Celebrities are not supporting law abiding citizens playing the game by the rules, they are donating bail money to these thugs instead. I am tired of the game. I have been frustrated before, but always took solace in the fact that I was “doing the right thing”. There is no solace now. I feel like a fool. I am in my early 50’s, I have worked my entire life and saved (like I am supposed to do) to have a little nestegg I can use as my retirement in the hopes that I will have a little time off before I am dead to do what I want. Yet I watch people getting what they want by violence and destruction. And they are getting what they want right now simply by demanding it. They don’t have to wait. They don’t have to work for anything. Everything will be given to them or they will take it. What game are they playing? It isn’t the game I am playing for sure. Their game has no rules, while mine has too many. Yet I am the problem according to “society”. Society wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for people like me. I am tired of it.

I am on the schedule for 60 hours this week. 5, 12 hour nightshifts. They will tax what I make and give it to politicians to give to someone else who is making no contribution to society. I renew my licenses and dutifully get my necessary permits and follow all of the rules. Every couple of years, politicians get on the TV and promise me things that I know are lies. They assure me if I vote for them this time, I will get a fair shake. They are lying. I know it and they know it. But still we play the game. I now watch on TV the riots (not protests). People who have no interest in society or following the rules. They burn police cars, occupy police stations, loot and destroy things other rule followers have worked their entire lives to build. Nothing will happen to them. There will be no punishment or repercussion of any kind. As a matter of fact, they are being celebrated for their tolerance of people like me. People who have apparently metaphorically had their knee on their neck by people like me for generations. Celebrities are not supporting law abiding citizens playing the game by the rules, they are donating bail money to these thugs instead. I am tired of the game. I have been frustrated before, but always took solace in the fact that I was “doing the right thing”. There is no solace now. I feel like a fool. I am in my early 50’s, I have worked my entire life and saved (like I am supposed to do) to have a little nestegg I can use as my retirement in the hopes that I will have a little time off before I am dead to do what I want. Yet I watch people getting what they want by violence and destruction. And they are getting what they want right now simply by demanding it. They don’t have to wait. They don’t have to work for anything. Everything will be given to them or they will take it. What game are they playing? It isn’t the game I am playing for sure. Their game has no rules, while mine has too many. Yet I am the problem according to “society”. Society wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for people like me. I am tired of it.

It's like you took what I was thinking and put it to words. I do the same and think the same about these people. I used to take solace in the fact that it didn't affect my life much. Now I work in downtown Seattle and it is in my face every time I go to work. Every time I turn on the news. I see what is really going on in Seattle, not just what the news tells the nation. I really don't understand how anyone can think these are good people. Even the "peaceful" protesters are just cover for the bad ones and are just as guilty if any crimes are committed. People taking over six block radius of Seattle are considered peaceful. !!!? Where does it end? Good luck out there to you and yours.

Sometimes the protesters and rioters are not even the same groups.

I recall several years ago, after the police who beat Rodney King were acquitted (first trial), there were riots, and some guy who was carrying some looted goods was asked if he was angry about the Rodney King verdict, and he said "Who's Rodney King?".

-- Tom

Sometimes the protesters and rioters are not even the same groups.

I recall several years ago, after the police who beat Rodney King were acquitted (first trial), there were riots, and some guy who was carrying some looted goods was asked if he was angry about the Rodney King verdict, and he said "Who's Rodney King?".

-- Tom

Right! This is my biggest issue with all that’s going on. I’m betting bottom dollar very few of these “protesters” know much more about why they are protesting than the idiot beside them, but they are angry and they want free stuff so they are going to participate. I largely stay away from all news media, have for years, but it’s tough to ignore the big stuff lol. It’s everywhere.

One problem these days are the labels, many are against antifa? Antifascists? I would consider myself antifascist, does that make me somehow the enemy? Who is pro fascist?

One problem these days are the labels, many are against antifa? Antifascists? I would consider myself antifascist, does that make me somehow the enemy? Who is pro fascist?

From what I can tell "Antifa", while the name would indicate they are against fascism, is really against anyone who disagrees with "Antifa". And, from what I can tell, if the message was longer than 143 characters, they would not have the patience to read it.

-- Tom

Back
Top Bottom