Teknectics Omega (version 5) Leave No Stone Unturned

beephead

Elite Member
I got an early start this morning to beat the heat. I found a piece of rental property to detect and decided to give the Omega a try with the Sharpshooter coil. I set up in 4 tones, 35 on the discrimination and full sensitivity.

A bunch of drunks must have rented there, because there were old rusty pry caps everywhere.

The first silver that I found was a next to a shrub bed. It sounded really good and was giving a good VDI number. When I went to dig I hit something hard about 1/2 inch down. I soon discovered that what I was hitting was one of the flat stones that lined the shrub bed.

I knew the coin had to have some age to it because the stone border had sunk beneath the ground. I found the edge of the stone and it came up came up without much effort. I dug down a few inches beneath the stone and popped a 1954 Rosie. It's about the same age as the house.

The next coin that I found was 1944 Mercury Dime and was a little easier to dig. It was right out in the middle of yard and nothing around it. I also found 5 Wheat Pennies and some clad coins. It was beginning to get hot, so round 10:00 o'clock I decided to call it day.

beephead

Omega%20Stone%20Silver%20003_zpsxpxtneq4.jpg
Omega%20Stone%20Silver%20004_zpsqx9fnxk6.jpg

Omega%20Stone%20Silver%20007_zpsybojajq6.jpg
Omega%20Stone%20Silver%20009_zpsfo6kazbw.jpg

Omega%20Stone%20Silver%20012_zpsof64vlx9.jpg

Omega%20Stone%20Silver%20010_zpsmkzmnvbu.jpg

My Omega was a great machine. If it was waterproof I'd still have it. Congrats on the silvers!

Back
Top Bottom