May The "FORCE" be with you!

JWalker3

Forum Supporter
Last weekend was a wee bit wet here in western NY so I was trying to think of a place to hunt that I had not been before and was easy to access. I finally decided to hit the house I grew up in and see what we left behind in the ground. The house was built in the 40's so I was hoping to hit some silver. I was pulling wheaties out like crazy (12 total) and a good assortment of junk. On my 4th hole I hit a big signal, 96 on the AT PRO, at 4-6 inches down. I was thinking silver dollar at least, but it came out, too dark and dirty, at first I thought it was another big steel washer and I just put it in my pouch and keep digging. All I ended up worth of value was 17 pennies (we were poor!) and this!

picture.php

picture.php

I never did hit any sliver but this brass cereal token from the 30's (before the house was built) is very cool I think. Its about the size of a Kennedy half. I took a lot of cleaning to get the crud off, but it ended up fairly decent.

Cool token! Sunny Jim was their peanut butter. I used to buy a lot of sunny Jim antiques @ garage sales and resell them, here's some info.

Sunny Jim Peanut Butter[edit]

The brand of peanut butter known as Sunny Jim was manufactured in Seattle, Washington by the Pacific Standard Foods company. The company was founded by Germanus Wilhelm Firnstahl, who modelled the apple-cheeked character seen on the jars on his son, Lowell. During the 1950s the brand accounted for nearly a third of all peanut butter sold in the Seattle area. The company was sold in 1979 for $3 million to the Bristol Bay Native Corp. A large sign on the factory building made the "Sunny Jim building" on Airport Way South a familiar landmark to motorists passing on nearby Interstate 5. In 1997, there was a fire at the plant which destroyed the sign and a portion of the building. On September 20, 2010 a massive fire finished off the Sunny Jim plant as well as a vacant building on the factory site. The main advertisement for Sunny Jim was "Sunny Jim has underground peanuts with a flavor that's outta sight".

Cool token , congrats !
you mentioned more large washers , I dig a lot of them also . Someone told me hey use to play some sort of game with them ? I thought it was just because this was a farm at one time . Good Luck , has to dry up soon .
HH

Back
Top Bottom