Official Forum Wide 2019 Clad Totals = $13,593.39

Status
Not open for further replies.
13,563.39 + $30.nn =$13593.39. Sorry, I forgot what the "nn" change was.
But if you look at the definition Beachclad linked to, cladding is the binding of dissimilar metals. In the U.S., cladding refers to 1965 and up dimes and quarters, 1970 and up halves, and the Ike dollars. See "cupronickel". THe Susan B dollars, too.
So, all of you go back and sort out the nickels and pennies, and count again.

I suppose the zincolns would be clad as well, but that may be more of a plating. Not sure about the gold colored, more recent dollars, either. I defer to a more recent numismatist.

Canadians, chime in as well!

Thanks for adding to our 2019 totals!

13,563.39 + $30.nn =$13593.39. Sorry, I forgot what the "nn" change was.
But if you look at the definition Beachclad linked to, cladding is the binding of dissimilar metals. In the U.S., cladding refers to 1965 and up dimes and quarters, 1970 and up halves, and the Ike dollars. See "cupronickel". THe Susan B dollars, too.
So, all of you go back and sort out the nickels and pennies, and count again.

I suppose the zincolns would be clad as well, but that may be more of a plating. Not sure about the gold colored, more recent dollars, either. I defer to a more recent numismatist.

Canadians, chime in as well!

Technically speaking, you are correct regarding what is "clad". That said, we always count the pennies and nickels in with the "real" clad coins.

Technically speaking, you are correct regarding what is "clad". That said, we always count the pennies and nickels in with the "real" clad coins.

We have been doing this annual totaling for many years.

It has always been called "Clad Totals", but it has been common knowledge that means ANY "spendable" coins found. That could be, if you chose to include them, any silver found as all US silver coin can be used as legal tender. It also includes any foreign spendable coin found, converted to US dollars. In past years we have had members from around the globe convert their local "clad" or "spendable" coin and participate in these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom