Token *update* and Captain Midnight radio premium pin

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
What a great hunt last night.
I went out at about 8:30 just as it was getting dark because I hadn't swung it for a few days.
This is my first "meal" token, cannot find any information on it?
Also the Captain Midnight pin is from a radio show which started in 1938 and ran through the 1940's.
Love this hobby!
Happy Hunting this weekend everybody

Attachments

• 5-20-15 Cudahy token.jpg
    5-20-15 Cudahy token.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 358
  • 5-20-15 Token Cudahy 2.jpg
    5-20-15 Token Cudahy 2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 330
  • 5-20-15 Captain Midnight Flight Patrol.jpg
    5-20-15 Captain Midnight Flight Patrol.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Wow-That is probably the fastest research I have ever seen!
Thanks a ton.
I went to the token catalog website, but could find nothing.

Dang Wis, great follow up on the research. Very very cool.

That is the first "meal" token I've ever seen actually. I love finding tokens just as much as I do silver coins. A lot of the times they are "worth" more than your average silver coin and they are usually a heck of a lot cooler.

Thanks everybody!
The more I think about that free meal token, the more I realize this is my favorite part of the hobby.
Everybody loves seeing silver come out of the hole, but it is the backstory that makes it come alive.
Just think how many folks ate a free meal with that token in the 1890's at that new hotel while they were working at Patrick Cudahys new meat processing facility.
Maybe somebody lost it in a fight, or stumbling back from another saloon one night.

Congrats man! New light on forgotten history is always better than silver in my book. I love when you are able to learn something new about your area because of what you found and you have a actual tie to it in your hand. Very cool man that's what this is all about.

**update**

** Theo Ponto's great grandson just sent me an email through the token catalog!!**
I told him we should meet...
What would you do??

Back
Top Bottom