Great Seal Button Hunt*** UPDATED*** Post #9

Dirty Genu

Forum Supporter
I had a Great Seal Button hunt today. 3.75 hours worth around an abandoned house. Someone must have discarded a U.S Military Uniform. As you can see I didn't skip many signals.

This hunt was a gimme.

A friend/coworker that has always been interested in what I find called me on 6-15-15 and said he had an old house for me to detect if I was interested.

When I got there on 6-17 I checked all the usual spots for coins first. Between the house and driveway. Around trees in the front yard. Only found a house penny. Whoever hit it was very good. I decided to try and find somewhere that hadn't been searched. I found it to the right of the out building in the house picture. I found the first GS button there and it made my day. Then another one, then the small one was third I think. Then another one. I got so into it that if someone had walked up and said something I would not have known it. I lost count and was only concentrating on the next button. I didn't know if I had 5, 6 or 7 buttons until I got home and dumped my pouch.

By the markings on the back of the buttons they were made during WW I.

That small button is a real prize and I'm going back to look for it's mate.

6-17-15%20001_zps6kogmajr.jpg

6-17-15%20002_zpsdaxey4zz.jpg

6-17-15%20003_zpsq8aylnfq.jpg

6-17-15%20008%20II%20SML_zpszfw9jlo3.jpg

Honey Bee Nest
6-17-15%20002%20II%20SML_zpsd2rgvtux.jpg

Thanks for looking.
DG

Last edited:
what's hanging out of the walls in the last picture?
Is that a bees nest?

I like that you have your own engraved belt.

Nice stuff.

what's hanging out of the walls in the last picture?
Is that a bees nest?

I like that you have your own engraved belt.

Nice stuff.

Yep, it's a honey bee nest. We had an agreement. I leave them alone and they leave me alone.

The belt I did myself. Another one of my hobbies.
Thanks.
DG

Yep, it's a honey bee nest. We had an agreement. I leave them alone and they leave me alone.

The belt I did myself. Another one of my hobbies.
Thanks.
DG

I say... That belt is FANCY! Do you by chance take orders on those? I'd love a Swing360 belt...

That's a pretty good arrangement you had with them. Do you know any tricks to getting through to Mosquitos? :yes:

I say... That belt is FANCY! Do you by chance take orders on those? I'd love a Swing360 belt...

That's a pretty good arrangement you had with them. Do you know any tricks to getting through to Mosquitos? :yes:

Leather working is a hobby to me and I hate being obligated, so I stay behind naturally. I do it for a week or two and then may not get back to it for months. If I get caught up I will PM you.

As for the skeeters, this stuff is good but use only as recommended. Don't put it on your skin.

IMG_20150530_194436_zps5f5rary7.jpg

DG

It bugged me that there was probably another small GS button there, so I went back this morning and found it in the first hole and about 1 foot from where I found the first small GS button. Everything in my hand came from the same hole. My MXT All Pro gave a short high pitched chirp, so I dug it.

6-19-15%20002%20SML_zps8gyegpar.jpg

6-19-15%20SML_zpsswwiuld1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom