What's the ring record in recent times?

Rings avoid me. I've searched off and on for many years but only seriously in the last 3 and I think I've found one ring and it was just a cheap little kids ring. I bought a case to hold my rings in and it has..........ONE ring in it, the cheap one. So, I'm definitely not the ring daddy. lol

Personally, I am thankful that so many hunters choose to share some of their finds here. It's inspiring and if Felix didn't show pictures of his zinc pennies I'd assume that he was just faking it. :lol:
I fake it a lot just ask the wife! :laughing:

Personally, I am thankful that so many hunters choose to share some of their finds here. It's inspiring and if Felix didn't show pictures of his zinc pennies I'd assume that he was just faking it. :lol:

Well, did you notice then part where I said "youtube" ?
Obviously, if I had a problem with forums, I wouldn't be here.

Cool song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUIsHZG1pkw :thumbsup: mmm Another good song Kob https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWHJWFWD05I :yes: What about a Real Doll instead that way he can stay home with his scoops > Been looking for that perfect doll over 50 years :laughing: NO SHOW :( PS Felix --Is it the one Eric Foster worked on before he passed with double depth and the "ONLY GOLD" setting , That's the one :yes:I need , contact his wife 4 me ! PS Cfm-ct --We have a secret santa thing going on you don't know about Earl... we have enough now to get you a refurbished Tesoro Sand Shark... you will be king of the beach :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: I thought you had more pull than that , Contact Mine LAB , Earl gets 50 % off on his new Waterproof PI with Gold Tech ., tell them to deliver it to my house with a playboy centerfold model jumping from a plane :lol::yes: PS KOB -- Here you go, as Mr. KOB would say.. "The Goldfish Bowl", your only a few hours from here, the Chesapeake bay. We had several old beaches from the late 1800's till 1970. And this is AA county, plenty more North of me around Baltimore. And I promise, there is gold to be found.
Attached Images Can't beleave OBN shared his honey holes , but maybe I can , because he cleaned them all out :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: PS Cfm-ct -- No... that one was $15.00 more too pricey > I feel sorry 4 your wife , what kind of wine & cheeze do you get her for Christmas :no::jester:

OBN doesn't mind sharing... he will never get it all and besides what he should have shared was the bay is a breeding ground for bull sharks :yes:

Don't feel sorry for the wife I let her have the silver and stainless rings... she ain't worth the gold :lol:

Not on a level of the top rings guys and never will be, I've had many many multiple gold ring days, but posted very few of them, never felt the need to share my finds and generally still don't unless there are unique circumstances or some kind of back story attached.
Not going to criticize anyone but I think too many guys are attention seekers these days [mostly the youtube crowd] And I don't think thats a good thing for most of us, insofar as it increases competition at the beach. Plus I think alot of these finds are fake, set up just to generate clicks.

WOW! Just… WOW!

If I could, I’d buy you a beer.

Not on a level of the top rings guys and never will be, I've had many many multiple gold ring days, but posted very few of them, never felt the need to share my finds and generally still don't unless there are unique circumstances or some kind of back story attached.
Not going to criticize anyone but I think too many guys are attention seekers these days [mostly the youtube crowd] And I don't think thats a good thing for most of us, insofar as it increases competition at the beach. Plus I think alot of these finds are fake, set up just to generate clicks.

I agree completely although i occasionally will post piles of rings in response to a couple of know it all guys that were bashing certain brands of detectors

I agree completely although i occasionally will post piles of rings in response to a couple of know it all guys that were bashing certain brands of detectors

I post too, anyone can look at my meager posting history and see that, don't want to come across as a posting basher, my problem is with the youtube click baiting drama queens.
I like to dumpster dive in my spare time and have made $1,000's doing it, literally would not believe what some stores throw away. Youtube ruined it with the same sort of sensationalism we see in beach detecting videos, they not only encouraged a hoard of others to compete, but the stores started locking their dumpsters, now it is pretty rare to find a good haul, used to be routine before the video craze.

There are a few MD vids I watch on occasion, I go in fits it has been months since I have watched any. I used to like Nora until she started killing tropical fish for lunch which drove me to unsubscribe. Some of the dirt hunters are interesting, I tend to watch dirt hunters who focus on machines I have - And I stay far away from anything with titles like "OMG GOLD GOLD GOLD ! MUST SEE CAN NOT BELIEVE WHAT I FOUND !!" Too, I don't have much to learn about beach hunting, if I find any tips that increase my knowledge it will be here and not youtube.

With no GoPro I find trying to shoot a live dig video just too tough. Lately, I've been watching videos of hunting those old swimming holes. Gotta love that 100+ year old shiny stuff. If I do any more videos that is the type I'd probably do. All I want to see is the baby, not hours of aluminum foil and bottle caps.

I post too, anyone can look at my meager posting history and see that, don't want to come across as a posting basher, my problem is with the youtube click baiting drama queens.
I like to dumpster dive in my spare time and have made $1,000's doing it, literally would not believe what some stores throw away. Youtube ruined it with the same sort of sensationalism we see in beach detecting videos, they not only encouraged a hoard of others to compete, but the stores started locking their dumpsters, now it is pretty rare to find a good haul, used to be routine before the video craze.

There are a few MD vids I watch on occasion, I go in fits it has been months since I have watched any. I used to like Nora until she started killing tropical fish for lunch which drove me to unsubscribe. Some of the dirt hunters are interesting, I tend to watch dirt hunters who focus on machines I have - And I stay far away from anything with titles like "OMG GOLD GOLD GOLD ! MUST SEE CAN NOT BELIEVE WHAT I FOUND !!" Too, I don't have much to learn about beach hunting, if I find any tips that increase my knowledge it will be here and not youtube.

I used to watch Nora. Until she went to my local beach that I already cleaned out. Anyways , she walks out in full gear in 2' of water and somehow gets wiped out by a baby wave. She then stood up in 1' of water. Then she quits , it was too rough ! I couldn't believe the video. That was it for me...

I used to watch Nora. Until she went to my local beach that I already cleaned out. Anyways , she walks out in full gear in 2' of water and somehow gets wiped out by a baby wave. She then stood up in 1' of water. Then she quits , it was too rough ! I couldn't believe the video. That was it for me...

Well wait till you see discovery daisy

With no GoPro I find trying to shoot a live dig video just too tough. Lately, I've been watching videos of hunting those old swimming holes. Gotta love that 100+ year old shiny stuff. If I do any more videos that is the type I'd probably do. All I want to see is the baby, not hours of aluminum foil and bottle caps.
That's the kind of video's I like and do, straight to the point. I've been told they are boring... one reason I keep them private, it's easy to remember all the junk I've dug over the years but each gold is special and with a video it does bring back that moment.

Well most guys probably don't watch Nora for her mad skills :cool3:

She is hot yes, but she has a good production with drone/nature shots and all of that, and she gets around to exotic locations and is pretty funny. I was seriously disturbed when she speared exotic fish just for the fun of it and haven't watched her since, over half a year ago.

Well most guys probably don't watch Nora for her mad skills :cool3:

She is hot yes, but she has a good production with drone/nature shots and all of that, and she gets around to exotic locations and is pretty funny. I was seriously disturbed when she speared exotic fish just for the fun of it and haven't watched her since, over half a year ago.
X2
I like the exotic locations but when she goes into fluff and dining at those spots with the mom its :wave:.

"LJR" is another one who's videos have gotten into too much self-promotion and over-production. It's gotten to the point that its turned me off. I find Roman's very good along with "Tentacles channel". For dirt, I really like "Terra Germania. I find his approach, enthusiasm and music just beautiful.

X2
I like the exotic locations but when she goes into fluff and dining at those spots with the mom its :wave:.

"LJR" is another one who's videos have gotten into too much self-promotion and over-production. It's gotten to the point that its turned me off. I find Roman's very good along with "Tentacles channel". For dirt, I really like "Terra Germania. I find his approach, enthusiasm and music just beautiful.

Who is ljr, a search on youtube just returns air jordan sneakers.

Yeah the quality time with mom and closeups of her grilled squid sandwich gets old quick, also pretty tedious how she details every bottlecap and hair tie she finds. I'm guessing she and many others do things like this just to add a bit of bulk to the videos, fluff as you say. Doesn't help that her fawning fanbase in comments glorifies everything she does, they'd watch if her entire channel was devoted to bottlecaps of the world.

As far as my best hunt, 8 gold in 5 hours, (2020) and some may ask why only 5 hours..the tides chased me in..

All time record I know of is this dude, but it was many many years ago..51 in 5 hours, scooping then using a sifter.

Took a screen shot of this amazing pic of all the rings and will use it to help me have sweet dreams....

I hunt the Gulf for 5 months/yr and average 20 gold/platinum. Best was 4-5 gold, but many yrs I hit 3 gold. Usually, find about twice as many silver/yr.

Oh Ok, I was looking forward to some Nora like bikini shots, I reckon not then

If I want to look at hot girls , I'm not wasting my time on MD'ING videos. A more realistic hunter I like out here is "Greg's Treasures". Short 10 minute videos that aren't faked. Many are night hunts and of beaches I hit. No clickbait , and he doesn't find gold every time out. Hunts with another forum member here. Has a buddy that on occasion will show his display and work station in his garage. Talk about insane finds....

If I want to look at hot girls , I'm not wasting my time on MD'ING videos. A more realistic hunter I like out here is "Greg's Treasures". Short 10 minute videos that aren't faked. Many are night hunts and of beaches I hit. No clickbait , and he doesn't find gold every time out. Hunts with another forum member here. Has a buddy that on occasion will show his display and work station in his garage. Talk about insane finds....

I'll check em out, thanks.
Me preferring chicks in MD videos I guess would be a gauge of my general interest in watching MD videos, which is pretty low. But to be sure, no doubt there are some good, legit, non sensationalist people out there making vids.

Back
Top Bottom