Equinox 700 and 900

Ummm, 600/800 support APTX LL, which is 32-40ms latency. Far from "!!!!" and quite useable.
BLE Audio is 20-30ms. Better, yes. Necessary?
For comparison, old school bluetooth is often 150-200ms or worse.

As long as it's non-proprietary and 3rd party headphones are available, bring it on. Otherwise I see it as a step backwards.

My understanding is that BT 5.0 has the same latency as "old school" bluetooth, 150+ms, BUT tells video players to lag the video so it matches up. Unfortunately that doesn't help our real-world application. Glad it's working for you, though!

Bluetooth 5 data transferring speeds max out at 2Mbps. As for latency, the worst you can get is 40 milliseconds. Under ideal conditions, the latency rates drop to 20 milliseconds.

I got a arm rest here Larry... you can have it... I got one of Chucks new arm rests which are awesome... its just collecting dust here...
I got 3 of Chucks. Not that the Nox will need another one. But i may use it on other detectors. I also bought 4 Deus ll coil charging clips. Think my second one is on the way out already? Never had problems charging my Nox.

I think the price will determine the success, or failure, of this concept. Simply the Equinox with your choice of options. Not like they had to build a completely new detector.

The Manticore is a completely different detector in my opinion. The 2D display and 50% more power, if it makes a difference, put the Manticore in a category by itself.

:lol:

But yeah, I also agree that the Manticore and the Equinox lineup are in different categories for different types of users.

Attachments

• 317837514_10159535887564633_4340753955628031152_n.jpeg
    317837514_10159535887564633_4340753955628031152_n.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 275
mmm

So ML just can't move on and make new models :shock: , seams like they continue to get under the skin , this move picks on the Nox 600 & 800 owners , I guess the CTX3030 comes next , NEWS FLASH maybe a ML freeze is whats needed , were is my WP - PI :roll: PS Cfm-ct :nono: no comment :lol: if you can't get on the band wagon :neo:

So ML just can't move on and make new models :shock: , seams like they continue to get under the skin , this move picks on the Nox 600 & 800 owners , I guess the CTX3030 comes next , NEWS FLASH maybe a ML freeze is whats needed , were is my WP - PI :roll: PS Cfm-ct :nono: no comment :lol: if you can't get on the band wagon :neo:

If I was to buy a new detector its not going to be a upgraded Nox... I will wait for something else... maybe the Manicore

Why did you mention me? You like lighting the fuse? :lol:

Go hunting today Earl?

I did find 1 and a half junk rings and some chump change... at least I got out instead of sitting home watching soap opera's :D

mmm

Because every thread I post wanting ML to come out with a new PI , Craig who might enjoy one his self , smacks me down , now is that getting on the band wagon , or jumping off beating up yourself :?: :roll::holycow::jawdrop::frustrated::police: doesnt really mean to me , if they make one or not , its the thought that counts , but that dream will never be true on a PI , if the administrator centures my dream request everytime I hint :( PS Im hanging two more security camera's in the tree's Im playing Tarzan today , SWINGING from the tree's , tired of playing cat & mouse with my 9 in the cold :gunbandanna: :mad:

Because every thread I post wanting ML to come out with a new PI , Craig who might enjoy one his self , smacks me down , now is that getting on the band wagon , or jumping off beating up yourself :?: :roll::holycow::jawdrop::frustrated::police: doesnt really mean to me , if they make one or not , its the thought that counts , but that dream will never be true on a PI , if the administrator centures my dream request everytime I hint :(

When have I censored a post of yours?

Offer the guy who bought your Dual Field double what he paid for it and you will have a good PI again... :yes:

To fast on your draw

Thats easy , just check all my posts requesting ML to make a PI , its like a fly on s--- :yes::lol: Craig ML isn't going to make a PI , you have over 100 excuses , look for all your posts AFTER mine :roll: :shock: Like a hemorriod it doesn;t go away :yes::lol: The way I see it now that Eric died , someone has to make one , and who ever does , will see sales , an open market now that Whites is out of bussiness , Garrett STILL making a tank , the rest are garbage , I won't buy another VLF till I get a NEW PI , don't want a Surf PI now , Plugger is out of bussiness & I gave the Plugger strait shaft to the guy , the S shaft was garbage :realitycheck::chaplin:

Thats easy , just check all my posts requesting ML to make a PI , its like a fly on s--- :yes::lol: Craig ML isn't going to make a PI , you have over 100 excuses , look for all your posts AFTER mine :roll: :shock: Like a hemorriod it doesn;t go away :yes::lol: The way I see it now that Eric died , someone has to make one , and who ever does , will see sales , an open market now that Whites is out of bussiness , Garrett STILL making a tank , the rest are garbage , I won't buy another VLF till I get a NEW PI , don't want a Surf PI now , Plugger is out of bussiness & I gave the Plugger strait shaft to the guy , the S shaft was garbage :realitycheck::chaplin:

Censoring means removing something... I have not removed anything related to your pipe dream for a new pulse, I just don't see ML coming out with a new pulse for a small market like a water hunter... they are making them for dirt guys... See how the manicore does... getting 15 inches on a nickel is not too shabby...

Censoring means removing something... I have not removed anything related to your pipe dream for a new pulse, I just don't see ML coming out with a new pulse for a small market like a water hunter... they are making them for dirt guys... See how the manicore does... getting 15 inches on a nickel is not too shabby...

Digging 15" deep on the beach isn't really fun. You find out how much fun it isn't when you put a nickel on a paint stick 16" long and have to dig a hole to bury a nickel 16" deep on a stick.:lol: It's deeper than you might think it should look:shock:

When the Nox 1st came out, my main gripe was the hobbled VDI, there just seems to be no good reason to put out a premium detector with restricted resolution.
Now I wonder if they did that with a view to repackage it as an upgrade a couple years down the road.

Digging 15" deep on the beach isn't really fun. You find out how much fun it isn't when you put a nickel on a paint stick 16" long and have to dig a hole to bury a nickel 16" deep on a stick.:lol: It's deeper than you might think it should look:shock:

I know about digging deep targets Larry, my first 5 years beach hunting all I owned was a pulse detector... sure was fun digging tiny steel staples down a foot or more back then... it inspired me :laughing: My first 3 weeks with my PI was hell I was ready to throw the detector as far as I could into the water... then nest time out I found a gold wedding band... its the one I wear... day after that 3 more gold rings... then I loved my pulse :yes:

When the Nox 1st came out, my main gripe was the hobbled VDI, there just seems to be no good reason to put out a premium detector with restricted resolution.
Now I wonder if they did that with a view to repackage it as an upgrade a couple years down the road.

I wish they made it without a a screen... I really don't care for detectors with screens... I would love ML to come out with a new GT that machine is killer on the beach...

I wish they made it without a a screen... I really don't care for detectors with screens... I would love ML to come out with a new GT that machine is killer on the beach...

They got a screen omit mod for that. What you do is take some Gorilla tape and put a screen saver over it. Trace it and cut it out. Then apply the tape to the screen.:lol:

Bluetooth 5 data transferring speeds max out at 2Mbps. As for latency, the worst you can get is 40 milliseconds. Under ideal conditions, the latency rates drop to 20 milliseconds.

The first google hit I found said what you quoted, but I believe it is incorrect.

The only Bluetooth Codec I found that has less latency than APTX-LL is LC3. (See the graph I'll attach.) LC3 was introduced in Bluetooth 5.0, but not implemented until very recently in BT 5.2. Almost no devices supported LC3 until mid-2022. Apple latest iphone and airbuds could/should support it but reports are latency is still well over 100ms. Further reading implies LC3 is just another codec that manufacturers can use, but don't have to support. It makes sense Minelab would use it in new model releases...

Long story short -- Unfortunately, just having bluetooth 5.x still isn't enough to guarantee low latency.

Attachments

• latency.jpg
    latency.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 203
Hope Minelab keeps this open. Hope plenty of headphone options arrive. I'm not optimistic and fearing the worst, though.

I'm starting to fear the worst too.

I didn't see -- is this new BLE Audio downward compatible to the existing Bluetooth devices? If not that's a tough hill to climb...

Backwards compatibility back to Bluetooth 4.0 is built into the BTE spec.

My limited understanding of the current situation though, is that BTE can and even should be backward compatible, but it doesn't have to be. Depending on the chip used and how it's configured and implemented. Some chips can be backwards compatible, others can't. The ones that can be, can be configured not to be.

The industry group claims that by 2024, 100% of devices being made that use BT will be both Bluetooth LE and Bluetooth Classic compatible.

So the BTE headphones and ear buds are coming in droves, for sure.

Reading the Manticore manual, it only covers pairing the included ML headphones. Not a syllable about pairing anything else.

If you were shipping something as cool as BTE compatible, I don't see how the marketing folks would miss the opportunity to talk about it.

They may have managed to mess this up. Not totally sure yet. But, yeah, I'm fearing the worst.

But, with no WM module available either? Surely, no, they wouldn't do that? Their headphones can't be the only wireless option. That would be madness.

- Dave

I like both sound and numbers, and of course its anyones option not to use the screen if they really don't want to.
Being allegedly able to tell what the target is and how deep is far too much of a selling point for any manufacture to put out a machine with 1970's features, though it might be interesting to see a modern detector packed with features but no screen. There would be very little ability to tweak without a screen obviously, so that would likely turn off a large portion of their base who are used to these features.

I like both sound and numbers, and of course its anyones option not to use the screen if they really don't want to.
Being allegedly able to tell what the target is and how deep is far too much of a selling point for any manufacture to put out a machine with 1970's features, though it might be interesting to see a modern detector packed with features but no screen. There would be very little ability to tweak without a screen obviously, so that would likely turn off a large portion of their base who are used to these features.

I am used to hunting with detectors with no screens a pulse, the Excal, GT I am a tone hunter... maybe I'll paint the Nox's screen :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom