Bought The Nokta Legend - Two Hunts Completed

B52bombardier1

Hello,

But don't get too excited with my detector results with it so far. I've got maybe two hours of search time on it split between my front yard and my sister's yard. My yard turned up two steel nails, some steel sheet metal scrap and the most interesting thing from a detector screen indication standpoint was a large, lead wheel balance weight.

My sister's yard yielded my first coin - a 2005 year US quarter dollar down about six inches. I still need to update the Legend firmware and I will be the first to admit that I'm not yet skilled enough to get all there is out of my Legend detector.

Which brings me to what my calibrated, Mark II eyeballs found in a parking lot yesterday - I traded my Mark I set of eyeballs in years ago with some laser vision correction. Its an earring that at first glance appeared to be scrap metal. I have no idea if these are real diamonds but I will soon find a jeweler to tell me. I did not take a picture of the backside and there are no name or letters markings of any kind on it. But the connection between the dangling portion and the post with the lone diamond is hand soldered.

Anybody have any ideas?? I had to severely crop the size of this picture to get it to post but imagine this earring resting on top of a U.S. quarter dollar coin - the dangling portion of the earring would cover up ninety percent of your view of the coin.

Rick

Attachments

• Cropped 20221129_173943 .jpg
    Cropped 20221129_173943 .jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 372
Have fun with your new machine. Earring looks junk.

Yes, probably junk. But as to the question of markings - not any. We shall see at a jeweler shop later today.

Not gold, zero chance of that. But likely sterling silver.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nice hunt. With your background you will learn very fast and the legend is a good one to learn on because it is a very capable machine comparable to some of the more expensive detectors available.

If you expect to hunt places with jewelry, then a decent diamond detector would be a good buy.

Hello,

And thank you for the kind words. The gemologist that I took the earring to had a good laugh - probably still laughing. Total junk, it was, but I learned a little.

Rick

I always refer to the junk jewelry I find as Bling, not Junk as it sounds a little better. The gold colored jewelry I find is always Gold till I get it home, and the diamond anything is always stated "Look at the DIAMONDS !
Then when I get it home I can throw it away lol :)

Welcome aboard, looking forward to hearing more about that Legend. Sounds like a pretty good machine from what I read. One thing holds true in detecting, first "it" has to be there to get found and second "you" have to get your coil over it to find it... just because you didn't find much in your yard is no knock against the detector. If it's there, you'll find it someday.

Mel Fisher always said "Today's The Day" first thing in the morning every morning but there were a LOT of days that weren't "the day" until one day it was "THE Day".

That looks like an earring and if it's not marked it most likely is costume (junk) jewelry but hey, you found some jewelry!

:cool3:

I will " have " to learn my AT PRO, , know it will find the " goodies " There is so much knowledge Glad to be on here !
too_

Back
Top Bottom