Equinox 700 and 900

Interesting. I wonder if:
New pod design that really is waterproof?
Shaft has less wobble? For those who thought it had too much.
"Minor changes" to 11" coil -- stronger ears???
Extra features, light, vibration, nice add. More TID numbers, can't hurt.

If so, it addresses most of the known issues, right?

And 900 model has extra sensitivity, or as Spinal Tap would say "It goes to 11."

...and the 600/800 get phased out...

And 900 model has extra sensitivity, or as Spinal Tap would say "It goes to 11."

Maybe they will buy them back from us :lol: I like the red screen... I see they listened to posters with all their changes...

And, they took away Bluetooth Low Latency. Nice.

How fast is their proprietary wireless? That require their headphones... All I see searching so far is "low latency"... no numbers.

I had a 600. My 2 biggest complaints were the compressed vdi numbers and the hard to adjust shaft length. They took care of both those things.
Good for them!

I have to believe they will cost more than the 600 & 800 models. Might be tough to compete with the low price of the Legend.

How fast is their proprietary wireless? That require their headphones... All I see searching so far is "low latency"... no numbers.

I don't know the exact answer to this, but ML have a lot of experience using proprietary wireless headphones in their high end gold detectors...

Even the WM08 module supplied with current Nox800 is reputed to be faster than the Bluetooth ML80's...

"Hopefully", it's going to be Bluetooth LE like the Manticore is "supposed" to be. The Manti is using a BTLE chipset.

If so, big jump forward from the !!!! AptX of the Nox 800.

Non ML AptX devices work with the Nox, so, precedent and hope that nonproprietary BTLE devices will work. If ML has mucked with the BTLE spec to make it so non ML devices won't work, that will SUCK! A LOT!

If nonproprietary BTLE devices will work, that will be a very nice improvement. Very nice.

- Dave

I will wait until January 1st. When they will make an announcement on when they will announce , the Nox 1000 !

I don't know the exact answer to this, but ML have a lot of experience using proprietary wireless headphones in their high end gold detectors...

Even the WM08 module supplied with current Nox800 is reputed to be faster than the Bluetooth ML80's...

My understanding is as long as it is at least version 5.0 of Bluetooth you will never notice any latency.

I bought a $9 BT transceiver from Walmart and used it on two different detectors with any headphones I wanted and never noticed any latency. I was quite surprised & happy.

"Hopefully", it's going to be Bluetooth LE like the Manticore is "supposed" to be. The Manti is using a BTLE chipset.

If so, big jump forward from the !!!! AptX of the Nox 800.

Non ML AptX devices work with the Nox, so, precedent and hope that nonproprietary BTLE devices will work. If ML has mucked with the BTLE spec to make it so non ML devices won't work, that will SUCK! A LOT!

If nonproprietary BTLE devices will work, that will be a very nice improvement. Very nice.

- Dave

Ummm, 600/800 support APTX LL, which is 32-40ms latency. Far from "!!!!" and quite useable.
BLE Audio is 20-30ms. Better, yes. Necessary?
For comparison, old school bluetooth is often 150-200ms or worse.

As long as it's non-proprietary and 3rd party headphones are available, bring it on. Otherwise I see it as a step backwards.

My understanding is as long as it is at least version 5.0 of Bluetooth you will never notice any latency.

My understanding is that BT 5.0 has the same latency as "old school" bluetooth, 150+ms, BUT tells video players to lag the video so it matches up. Unfortunately that doesn't help our real-world application. Glad it's working for you, though!

I am thinking they addressed the problems but also needed to get away from the Nokta "being more for less".

Ummm, 600/800 support APTX LL, which is 32-40ms latency. Far from "!!!!" and quite useable.
BLE Audio is 20-30ms. Better, yes. Necessary?
For comparison, old school bluetooth is often 150-200ms or worse.

As long as it's non-proprietary and 3rd party headphones are available, bring it on. Otherwise I see it as a step backwards.

My understanding is that BT 5.0 has the same latency as "old school" bluetooth, 150+ms, BUT tells video players to lag the video so it matches up. Unfortunately that doesn't help our real-world application. Glad it's working for you, though!

My issue with AptX is that it was proprietary in it's own right (Qualcomm). And so devices were limited and over priced. It worked just fine. But I never found a set of AptX ear buds that I really liked all that much. And there were never a whole lot to choose from - because, Qualcomm.

BTLE is an industry interest group open standard. With specifications superior to AptX. There currently are very few devices available and they are very much over priced. But, we should see a veritable avalanche of BLTE devices very soon - it's that much better and it's an open standard.

IF, ML's implementation of BTLE is nonproprietary. We'll have far more choices, at better prices, with better performance. I, myself, see it as a big step forward from AptX. If ML has tweaked their implementation to be proprietary though, huge step backward.

Again, my issue with AptX wasn't performance, it was that it is proprietary and device selection was limited and over priced. BTLE isn't proprietary and the specs are open and superior to AptX. It's quite new though, the devices aren't out there, yet. But they will be, soon, in big numbers.

- Dave

My issue with AptX is that it was proprietary in it's own right (Qualcomm). And so devices were limited and over priced. It worked just fine. But I never found a set of AptX ear buds that I really liked all that much. And there were never a whole lot to choose from - because, Qualcomm.

BTLE is an industry interest group open standard. With specifications superior to AptX. There currently are very few devices available and they are very much over priced. But, we should see a veritable avalanche of BLTE devices very soon - it's that much better and it's an open standard.

IF, ML's implementation of BTLE is nonproprietary. We'll have far more choices, at better prices, with better performance. I, myself, see it as a big step forward from AptX. If ML has tweaked their implementation to be proprietary though, huge step backward.

Again, my issue with AptX wasn't performance, it was that it is proprietary and device selection was limited and over priced. BTLE isn't proprietary and the specs are open and superior to AptX. It's quite new though, the devices aren't out there, yet. But they will be, soon, in big numbers.

- Dave

Ok, gotcha, complete agreement here.

Not a lot of APTX-LL options are out there, probably due to licensing costs, and low demand. It wasn't a core part of bluetooth, just an add-on, and most manufacturers choose not to. Hope Minelab keeps this open. Hope plenty of headphone options arrive. I'm not optimistic and fearing the worst, though.

I didn't see -- is this new BLE Audio downward compatible to the existing Bluetooth devices? If not that's a tough hill to climb...

Maybe they will buy them back from us :lol: I like the red screen... I see they listened to posters with all their changes...

Red light does not disturb earthworms at night. I will say when their advertisement said " A breakthrough" and they focused on the arm cuff, my mind went back to when my Nox 800 arm cuff broke the first time on the beach and i had to electric tape it to my forearm to keep detecting. My arm hair still hasn't grown back yet:lol:

Not sure who made the very first Nox shafts? But mine was horrible. After a couple days use i had to wrap teflon tape around the shaft to tighten the couplers enough. Then you had to re wrap in the field when it came loose again. I quickly made my own carbon fiber one and threw the stock shaft in the closet. I exploded a couple arm cuffs. When the said they could send me the piece that broke and needed a picture i was like "It broke in the ocean into 3 pieces and one piece was heading North to Georgia the last time i saw it." They wound up sent me a whole armcuff after that:lol:

First, my Equinox shaft is frozen so it doesn't wobble:lol:
I have never broken my ears or arm cuff or dround it.
I don't need 99 vdi but when I do I use my Teknetiks Patriot :yes:
Now how much does the 700 cost?
No I'm not buying.

Red light does not disturb earthworms at night. I will say when their advertisement said " A breakthrough" and they focused on the arm cuff, my mind went back to when my Nox 800 arm cuff broke the first time on the beach and i had to electric tape it to my forearm to keep detecting. My arm hair still hasn't grown back yet:lol:

I got a arm rest here Larry... you can have it... I got one of Chucks new arm rests which are awesome... its just collecting dust here...

Back
Top Bottom