If you shop on Amazon...

Neat info, thanks !

I do have a PIN set just so Alexa don't mistake something I say as a request to order something :lol:

We haven't had any real problems shopping on Amazon, but I do carefully research a product before buying.

…….now if you shop on THE Amazon (river)...….. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Amazonriver1.jpg Amazonriver2.jpg

It's not the products I have issue with, it's the twerp who owns it. And, yeah....rich, blah-blah-blah. I'd rather have morals than money.

Besides, they really aren't cheaper than Sprawlmart, but keep paying for Prime, in order to get that "free 2-day shipping", that takes 3-4 days.

Weird that you posted this. I made the changes based on this article earlier today.

Most of those settings are already set properly for me...but thanks.

I shop at Amazon a lot...you've got to compare prices though. On some items it's cheaper at WalMart or Menard's...

I shop at Amazon a lot...you've got to compare prices though. On some items it's cheaper at WalMart or Menard's...

Definitely compare elsewhere. I know that for just about anything ham radio related (except some cheap no-name Chinese knock-offs), specialty stores such as Ham Radio Outlet beat Amazon's prices by a mile. I don't know enough about other specialty fields, but I expect you are paying for the convenience.

One time I tried to let Amazon know that someone was selling an Agilent multimeter, but pictured the more expensive next model up. Amazon said they investigated and found nothing wrong. These are the same idiots who, when I ordered one of those shake flashlights, sent me a airsoft pistol labelled "Shake Flashlight". I also ordered a speaker stand that I wanted to used as an antenna mount, and got an item that someone had returned broken. Luckily, the broken parts were stuff I was going to take off anyway.

-- Tom

Some products are sold directly by Amazon from their warehouse and they are supposed to be good about fixing any issues with stuff they sell themselves.

Other items are sold by companies that sell thru Amazon, and you can check the customer reviews of the stores themselves, that way you can see before you buy something from that store if they have a lot of positive or negative reviews.

Here is one example of a store I bought sunglasses from -

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=1&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=111-4582343-4807446&seller=A3M3EYGU6HPFLO&tab=&vasStoreID=

on that page you will other info including:

YODO GROUP storefront
5 out of 5 stars
99% positive in the last 12 months (1202 ratings)

a rating like that makes you feel pretty confident ordering from them.

(of course you also want to check the product review itself too)

Look at the way some live.....either don't have, or won't make time to do their own shopping.....everything, including groceries.....order online. Sorry, but I don't want the bottom of the barrel, day before expiration food. I get my own, that way I can pull the new stock from the back of the shelf :D

I generally won't order online unless it's going to save me upwards of $50, otherwise it's not worth it, too much can go sideways. Ditto for something just not available locally. Otherwise, I go pick it up, pay, and leave with it in hand.

Also, amazon has tons of private sellers, it is like ebay in many cases. Even if an order if fulfilled by amazon it doesn't mean that the product was owned by amazon, merely stored in their warehouses if the seller chooses to sell FBA, (fulfillment by amazon).

I buy a bit online from Sprawlmart, because it's not in stock at the local store. When I look for an item, I click on the box so SprawlMart is the retailer. Any issues, I drive 10 miles for a refund. I've had stuff delivered as soon as next day. They've really upped their game, I guess in order to stick it to Amazon, and I'm all for supporting that.

LOL....rooting for one giant retailer over another :(

ETA: Over $35 is free shipping, and I always spend that......and don't have to pay a yearly fee :cool:

Same for us. Especially during tourist season when it's a pain to get out and shop in the stores. I shop prices also and have found the same about Amazon having higher costs than elsewhere on some things. That and the actual sellers on Amazon (often a small business) usually have their own websites and you can often get a better deal while doing business directly with the actual seller.

I dont shop on Amazon..not because I dont want to save money, its just that I am not smart enough to figure out how to do it...Truthfully, its just too unfamiliar and complicated for me to dick around to even learn how...

I like the Personal process of buying what I need OTC and paying in cash...I dont need much, so thats probably why I dont need to shop
Amazon...as far as saving money? Digger Please!? I'm more about finding money than saving it! :laughing:

It's not the products I have issue with, it's the twerp who owns it. And, yeah....rich, blah-blah-blah. I'd rather have morals than money.

Besides, they really aren't cheaper than Sprawlmart, but keep paying for Prime, in order to get that "free 2-day shipping", that takes 3-4 days.

Out of hundreds of orders the last two years, they probably missed the 2 day shipping twice that I remember. And both times they refunded a large percentage of the purchase price.

I’m no fan of Bezos, but you act like he personally pissed in your favorite coffee cup. As far as companies go, I believe Walmart has way more going against it on the evil scale than Amazon.

I buy a bit online from Sprawlmart, because it's not in stock at the local store. When I look for an item, I click on the box so SprawlMart is the retailer. Any issues, I drive 10 miles for a refund. I've had stuff delivered as soon as next day. They've really upped their game, I guess in order to stick it to Amazon, and I'm all for supporting that.

LOL....rooting for one giant retailer over another :(

ETA: Over $35 is free shipping, and I always spend that......and don't have to pay a yearly fee :cool:

Another good thing about Walmart is they usually offer free shipping to store

Back
Top Bottom