• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Interesting morning

Agree

Congrats on the quality coinstar haul! I have some relatives who live on the North Side who live in an area where they supposedly dumped some of the flood debris. They constantly dig up old bottle fragments, some complete, along with other old "trash." I tried my Etrac there with the 8x6 SEF and it was pretty difficult with all of the EMI around and junk in the ground. It's a very densely populated area nowadays. And who knows if that was really a flood debris dump site or not. That's just the local neighborhood rumor. It was a definitely a dump site of some sort though.

Fred, The couple of dump spots I've tried turned out about the same. Maybe with the Equinox I might try again. I'm headed out with a buddy this morning for a couple of hours. First time out in a couple of weeks. We'll have to meet up soon now that's it starting to cool off. HH Mark

Gary, thanks, those are some great links and make for interesting reading. I remember my mother talking about when I was a kid but never realized how devastating it was.

I did talk the guy since and he told me the site was on private property

and that he first found something while playing in the woods when he was 9. He is now 39. I told him I would be willing to place my hand on the good book and be sworn to secrecy , but I think it had little or no effect. By the way when he stopped back he had albums of coins and tokens. The collection was unbelievable. HH Mark

Okay, that might mean he somehow got permission from the property owner and maybe the owner told him to not tell others so he wouldn't be bothered with a lot of permission requests, just a thought !

You might have to somehow find out who the property owner is on your own and ask for permission.

Way to go Mark... I never thought about hunting at a Coin Star.

:mder:

Yes don't ever forget to check those machines, they reject most of the coins we dig for. Good luck Mark

Upon exiting the local Wally World today I noticed a Coin Star machine and my mind was jolted back to this thread and Mark's good fortune. I scooped out a '43 wheaty and a 2003 2 Cent Euro... :D

Upon exiting the local Wally World today I noticed a Coin Star machine and my mind was jolted back to this thread and Mark's good fortune. I scooped out a '43 wheaty and a 2003 2 Cent Euro... :D
Congratulations I would hope for you that it was a copper 43 but i would think it was just a steel wheatie lanyway good job congratulations

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom