Soil question

clllclal

Hello everyone! I live in lower Alabama where we have a lot of red dirt and iron ore in the ground. I am wanting to hunt strictly for CW relics. Which detector in the $400 range would likely work best for me? A few years ago I posted on here and I thought the T2 may have been the unit for me but things happened and nothing ever materialized. Any new technology since then? Thanks for your help.

I like the old Tech. A Fisher 1266x is hard to be. The Tesoro Cibola is a favorite of mine also

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

In my opinion the Patriot is still one great choice at $400...The T2 also if you can get one for $400.

I hunt in Birmingham, AL...we have the red clay mineralization plus a huge amount of extra iron.
It took some time but my F70 and I adapted pretty well to all of this...eventually.

Thanks for y’all’s replies. So would a T2 handle heavy mineralized soil in y’all’s opinion?

Patriot with the 11"dd...I've hunted your AO with my F70 quite nicely, and the Pat is the same thing, just the more modern version...

...D27 did a lot of posts regarding set ups, lots of F70 users can help help you with our tricks and infield experiences.........Good Luck and report back! That Pat rig will do you well...

Thanks for y’all’s replies. So would a T2 handle heavy mineralized soil in y’all’s opinion?

The F75/T2/F70 and the Patriot are all close cousins built on the same core engine with very similar power ranges and basic abilities.
The difference is the programming but I don't think that should affect how they behave in mineralization too much.
What will affect how things go is how you set them up and use the different setting combinations to your advantage.
Different combinations will yield different results.
Hunting here with my F70 it worked ok at first on factory settings but it wasn't very deep or able to deal with the hot dirt or all the other masking iron I deal with all that well.
To be precise my rig probably worked fine it it was me who couldn't understand what the thing was telling me on the more challenging, masked and deeper targets.
The jumping, chatter and noise was just a wall of unintelligible sound for a long time on all but the easiest more shallow targets.
As I experimented with different combinations I eventually learned some that made it easier to notice those hidden masked and deeper targets in this devil dirt that have been missed for decades around here...that and learning new repeating behaviors that eventually gave me the best clues in order to avoid the junk and trash and target the good stuff.
I am pretty sure going through the same process with the T2 would have gotten me similar results...eventually.

Back
Top Bottom