Found my first class ring!

bazeball7

Forum Supporter
Today was a bonus hunt, because there is still no snow and the ground is not frozen! Hunted an old house site. Found a nice 1920D merc, a toasted 1893 Indian, and a few wheats. After calling it a good day, I decided to randomly swing the coil on the way back to the car. Glad I did because I swung it over a class ring (Marshall HS - Class of 1985). There are initials on the inside so I will try to locate the owner. I don't know what its made of. I took a close-up of the markings on the inside of the ring, but there are no carat numbers, just a circle and two diamonds. Any thoughts? Thanks, and HH. Tim

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,100
  • clean.JPG
    clean.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 1,055
  • top.JPG
    top.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 1,041
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,064
  • Hallmark.jpg
    Hallmark.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2,158
  • merc front.JPG
    merc front.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,005
  • merc back.JPG
    merc back.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,006
A class ring and a Merc! That was awesome!!! Good luck getting the ring back to its owner.

Is it heavy? I'm pretty sure thats gold. Congrats on your first!

Jostens had a gold like ring called lustrium or something along those lines. Couldn't tell the difference. Did it come in high or low?

Congrats on your nice ring find and the silver. I think the lustrium is a silver color, rather than a gold color, so you could actually have gold! Good Luck finding the owner. : )

Nice find! I graduated in 1986 and my class ring was made of Aurorium (I believe thats what it was). Good luck finding the owner and Congrats!

Very nice and congrats... Does it say 1985? can't tell 100%. Are there initials inside those diamond hallmarks?

Finding a class ring is #1 on my list. Congrats! What did it ring up on your F2? Pulltabs?

Back
Top Bottom