• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lost Wedding Band!:(

Lulu1215

Hello all,

I figure I give this a shot. My husband & our 2 year old daughter were at Jones Beach (Wantagh N.Y Field 2) on Sunday Sept. 4,2011. Husband had gone in the water & when he came out he noticed his ring fell off, well I can't begin to tell you at that moment when I seen him upset I didn't know what to think. We even went back the next day with my dads metal detector hoping we would find something, but this detector couldnt go into water. At least we tried :( the description of the ring is White Gold with about 6 stones across the top, & it has a special note inside which I can tell you what it says if you ever find it. I pro have a pic of it in our wedding album, so the description on the ring would be more accurate, I also have the receipt to the ring also for proof. It's pro swimming with the fishes at this point, but you never know maybe in 20 years it will turn up. I know there are still honest people out there, it's not an expensive ring, but valuable to my husband's heart. In the mean time maybe I'll pray to St. Anthony. I posted some pics off the website where the ring was bought, the one in Wedding album wasn't close enough, this is the closest I can get.

Thank you!
/Users/ivery22/Desktop/untitled folder 3/DSC_0006-3-3.jpg
/Users/ivery22/Desktop/untitled folder 3/DSC_0009-3-1.jpg

Any members here in the area that might be able to help out? Sorry to hear about your loss but don't give up hope...these things often do get found! :yes:

I will be at Jones Beach this Saturday. I will make it a point to go to field #2 and do a water search.

Ears Out!

Thanx everyone for your kind thoughts! I'll keep thinking positive :)

Hi Lulu! Bummer.

L.I. Bear is a monster in the water, and if he gets that big 10.5" over that band, he'll be just as happy as you and your hubby when he returns it to you!

I may be out there tomorrow, depends on flooding and the roadways from Westchester to the Whitestone. The riptide is VERY bad today and tomorrow from the hurricane out in the Atlantic, and that may hinder us getting in past our hips.

We will be there hunting though, and will certainly spread the word. Every single one of us would LOVE to capture the good karma of returning your hubby's ring! God Bless! :cool:

Hi Lulu! Bummer.

L.I. Bear is a monster in the water, and if he gets that big 10.5" over that band, he'll be just as happy as you and your hubby when he returns it to you!

I may be out there tomorrow, depends on flooding and the roadways from Westchester to the Whitestone. The riptide is VERY bad today and tomorrow from the hurricane out in the Atlantic, and that may hinder us getting in past our hips.

We will be there hunting though, and will certainly spread the word. Every single one of us would LOVE to capture the good karma of returning your hubby's ring! God Bless! :cool:

Thank You So Much! I appreciate it, I really do. :)

IF you can meet the poster there and show exactly where it was lost then your chances of finding it are very good. Not to get your hopes up but these water hunters are very good and have the right equipment. Wish the best for you!

That would be Great! I'm willing to go Saturday after Hubby gets off at work at 2:00, or even Sunday, Please let me know who will be in that area, I will be going with my Husband, so he will be more than Happy to show them exactly where he was on Sunday! :) You guys are Great!

Not Today...

Well LuLu, we have had massive flooding throughout Westchester County, NY, on top of the Hurricane. Today was the first day all the Parkways were open for me to get out to Long Island, since Wednesday.

My gal and I got to Field #2 (which was closed) about an hour before low tide. She dropped me off and I walked in while she went East to Field #6. I had to walk about 1/8th-of-a-mile through 2'-deep water that had completely flooded Field #2 to actually get out to what was left of the beach. It is basically just a big sandbar, completely cut off from the mainland. I hope you can see it in the first photo. I'm standing out on the beach, looking back at Field 2 in the top photo. The bottom is looking west, out to sea.

The waves were extremely big, and the riptide was incredible. I went down TWICE in just knee-to-hip-deep water! When I wasn't in the water, the black flies swarmed me. I gave it my best shot for three solid hours. Maybe the guys will have better luck - and conditions tomorrow.

The second photo shows Field #4, which was only partially flooded, and my meager finds. At least we had a beautiful day at the beach. I paid for it though. I feel beat up, bruised and disappointed for you - and me! Next Time! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• j91.jpg
    j91.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 812
  • gretrgh.jpg
    gretrgh.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 833
Thanx Terry! Its nice to know someone cares & goes out of the way, I appreciate it! Be Careful with those Flies, & remember doing your best this moment, puts you in the best place for the next moment! Thanx Again :)

It probably isnt but I always hate it when people lose stuff of sentimental value. So I decided I better post this. I just happened to be going through the forum and seen someone in really close location of where you lost your ring he found one. No idea if it is it but it kinda sounds like what you are describing. http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=87997 Dont hate me hotrod :) But if it is theirs I would love to see them get it back ;)
Jordan

It probably isnt but I always hate it when people lose stuff of sentimental value. So I decided I better post this. I just happened to be going through the forum and seen someone in really close location of where you lost your ring he found one. No idea if it is it but it kinda sounds like what you are describing. http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=87997 Dont hate me hotrod :) But if it is theirs I would love to see them get it back ;)
Jordan

That looks promising....good luck lulu! :grin:

Thanx Helgriffan!

I appreciate you taking the time to do that, I don't know what beach he found the ring at, but hopefully if he found it on jones beach & it did belong to me, he would be honest & return it. There are initials & a date Engraved inside the ring so hopefully that would help. Don't want to get my hopes up, but its worth a shot, money is tight & we're not able to buy another one at this time. Thanx again :)

http://images.craigslist.org/3k33mc3o75Y45Q55W1b9cd3057a3e6e8a1c99.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/3n43k63p35U65X45S0b9cdc057e00c1101abb.jpg

In the pic you have the link to do not look like the one he has posted that he found. The one he found has 7 stones and is more of a channel style ring.

Back
Top Bottom