Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Research and Getting Permission

Old 07-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Global Moderator

Default Bahamas ?

I was in Nassau last November for couple days, and I was thinking of going back In September. Has anyone on this forum ever detected there? any thing I should know before packing my detectors? The last thing I want is somebody approaching me with a badge, a gun, and a big dog. I am sure you can hunt off private beaches, but unfortunatly
I don't fit in with the "beautiful People" so that is not going to happen. Public beaches is where I was thinking of going. Any one with some experience over there ? I woud appreciate your insight... 8)...Gil

Old 07-31-2006, 04:09 AM
Elite Member

Default Re: Bahamas ?

You may see posts saying a permit is needed from the Police. This does not apply to hobby detectors used on the beach and there's miles of public beach so have a good time.

XP Goldmax,Pulsepower Deepstar, Whites XLT, Fieldmaster (modified), Xsis Diver, Treasure Baron (modified)+Pro and Deep Hunter modules, Minelab Sovereign (modified), Altek Quad Mode VLF/TR, Compass 77b, Goldquest SS, XP ADX200 and Shadow X3.