Reward $1,000.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

natf2

I'm currently offering a reward for the ring depicted in the picture. It's as close as I can remember. It's last known location was a pawn shop in Dallas(Oak Cliff) in the 1980's. (I sold it after breaking up with my girlfriend) I had given it to her as a gift, and took it back upon the splitup. I sold it before realizing it was part of a hoard of gold and silver buried by the Mexican Army in 1846. I'm in the process of looking for a photo of either my mother or the girlfriend wearing it, for a better image of it. It is 24k with a large reddish purple stone of unknown type and has no inner band markings of any kind.
natf2

Attachments

• rdlp ring halfsize.JPG
    rdlp ring halfsize.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 923
Id start with the pawn shop mate , these guys keep records.Always a chance the ring sits there still too.

Good luck finding it.

Most unusual to find a 24K ring holding a stone. 14K is so soft that it would be hard to keep the stone in place.

Wow! I hope you locate it.

If you do, I hope you post some pics.

How did get your hands on it in the first place?

Good Luck,
Peter

I found it inside a palm tree in Brownsville, Texas. It was a marker for the cartload of gold that sits below where the palm tree once stood. That's what I'm currently working on. We are planning a trip down there on the 20th of this month (next friday) to attempt a recovery. I already have secured permission in the form of a letter of authority to recover historical artifacts. (I just didn't mention to them what type of artifacts I would be attempting to recover) is that bad?
The whole cache consists of 8 cartloads of gold and silver coins, jewels, jewellry, religious artifacts, geneological heirlooms (the ring) and no telling what else. I've not been able to locate a manifest or document in any archives that would contain a list of the buried items, so it's any bodies guess...the estimated value of the hoard in 1846 was $250,000.00, but I quess to get it to todays standards...times that by 20? But one has to consider the fact that just one coin could be a rare key dated coin worth millions not to mention the jewels...so I would just guess it at "priceless"?
natf2

Attachments

• LOA2.jpg
    LOA2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 908
Last edited:
Interesting. I just hope you've got all of your t's are crossed and your i's are dotted.

GOOD LUCK! And please do keep us informed.

"I found it inside a palm tree in Brownsville, Texas. It was a marker for the cartload of gold that sits below where the palm tree once stood."

Best of luck , just that part confuses me , a palm tree can indeed survive approx 150 years tops.A value extimate in 1846 , the ring presumably in place by then.
Would it be fair to say that tree is long gone ?How do you propose locating the same spot after 30 years?

Im also perplexed how you came to know whats buried there?

"The whole cache consists of 8 cartloads of gold and silver coins, jewels, jewellry, religious artifacts, geneological heirlooms (the ring) and no telling what else. I've not been able to locate a manifest or document in any archives that would contain a list of the buried items, so it's any bodies guess"

Last edited:
Question

I looked up National Antiquities And Treasures Foundation on the web and found that it's line of business is listed as: Detective/Armored Car Services in Waxahachie, TX and has 8 employees.

NATF

I don't get the connection with researching, unearthing and preserving antiquities or treasures. :?:

Hmmm..heres an interesting link. <http://natf.synthasite.com/>

Im i right in thinking that document is self issued ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm..heres an interesting link. <http://natf.synthasite.com/>

Im i right in thinking that document is self issued ?

I went to the link and am COMPLETELY confused. :?:

Is this a Federal agency? :?:

Do all monies go to children's charities? :?:

The employees of NATF have to be descendents of the Mexican-American War - like the website says? Isnt this against equal employment opportunity commision laws? What are the salaries of their staff members?:?:

Who's on their Board of Directors?:?:

I dont understand the varied, seemingly unrelated, affairs of this organisation/company/entity. :?::?:

Someone (NATF) please clarify things. Looking at your website only left me with more questions than answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two more things/questions (Im restraining myself):
1) Here you say youre offering $1,000 reward, but your website says youre offering $2,500 for information leading to the return of the ring and $5,000 for the return of the ring. Which is it?

2) During my research in attempts to start HRPS I read oh-so-many federal and state guildelines pertaining to 501 (c) (3) organizational matters. Including the fact that such an organization must make public their by-laws (governing documents). Are yours on your website? I couldnt find more than your mission statement.

Thanks!
Peter

Some may find this genuine signature of interest.Im not wanting to stir bother but its quite striking.

Attachments

• DirkKempthorne.jpg
    DirkKempthorne.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 804
Maybe i watch too much CSI :lol: actually i dont..but my eyes keep getting drawn to the dates.One is shorthand and one is long hand if you will..who does an 8 like that? Does Dirk really do his 8's like a 6 year old?..dunno

I used Google Map to find the address on the document, 2835 Rockwell Drive, and I see an issue with the NATF document.

The NATF document says they can search 2835 Rockwell Drive between Price and Shidler Roads. First, I cant find such a location ANYWHERE in the USA. Secondly, the document itself doesnt declare the name of the municipality or county or state that the location is in. Any such document, I would think, would - especially as Ive been reading government documents regularly for the past few months and it takes them 100 words to say what could take just 10 (think IRS tax code).

Anyway, I, too, am not trying to start anything. I'd just like clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom