First gold at the beach, nice women's ring might have some age

North Shore

Found this ring this morning at the beach in Essex County MA. Curious what the stone is, curious how old it might be and who made it. Excited for my first ring at the beach, 10K

Attachments

• 0306211300a~2.jpg
    0306211300a~2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 740
  • 0306211301~2.jpg
    0306211301~2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 797
  • 0306211258a~2.jpg
    0306211258a~2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 769
:dingding: Congrats on your 1st beach gold! Not so much on the stone. Makes it easier to decide to sell as melt though. :yes:

My thought as well

Very nice oldie...I think it was possible a Cameo that is missing? . see if I have any similar..
Seems all of the Cameo's are Oval so a very good chance yours once held a Cameo of a Young lady, or Mother. I don't have them here to check but it would be interesting to see how they are held in place. No doubt the fineness mark is old..just a guess would be early 1900's..

Found one that is curved

Attachments

• .j.jpg
    .j.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 718
Last edited:
Nice ring! Royal Congrats! That stone must be very soft, and/or the ring has been in the sand quite awhile....for the top is sand blasted to where it has no luster left to it. The view looking down on the stone, appears to KT to have been facetted, because it looks like oval facet on top and then facets around the sides of the stone, but sandblasted off by wave action! HA HA Anyway, KT doubts your better half will want to wear it so it is a great scrapper!:lol::lol:

Could be wrong...but given the first 2/top pics, and the green hue I'd venture to guess the stone might be Jade. I'm guessing it has lost its sheen due to wear from sand erosion on the ocean floor???

PS - Jade is a fairly common jewelry stone used in Taiwan. Yrs ago, bought some nice rings there. Good find. Congrats.

Nice ring ! Congrats on your first beach gold , hopefully the first of many đź‘Śđź‘Ťđź‘Śđź‘Ť

Jade with cameo was what i was thinking too. To date it youd have to have the Cameo to determine what it was made of. Also it wasnt until 1961 that they required the makers mark which indicates the produce of the ring. It doesnt seem to have bleed to bad or turned color either.... so im guessing its not as old as you think.... just a custom antique design.

Maybe it's a "pre-engagement ring" and it's a "pre-diamond" (carbon) :)

Congrats on the gold...it's always thrilling.

So I've been told its an early 1900s ring from MB Bryant company in Newark NJ, they had 3 intertwined rings as their trademark. It would have had a small gold plate on the surface of the stone riveted in the two holes. That little piece has to be long gone as the break in the stone was from long ago it was full of dark sand between the fitting and the the crack of the stone. Ring still smells like low tide.

North shore don't give up so easy. :mad: You said there's some gold missing off the face of the ring. GET BACK OUT THERE AND FIND IT...to heck with the low tide smell! :cool3:

Back
Top Bottom