2nd Day at New Spot Pays Off Again!

FLOOD

Forum Supporter
Went back to the old ball field that I visited for the first time yesterday. Second day there, and another great time finding things. The temp today was a balmy 38 degrees, and overcast, but with an extra layer of clothes, really not bad to hunt around.

Yesterday at this ball field, I had luck in right field, where I came up with a couple silvers, a Buff Nickel and four wheats, plus a bunch of clad. Like yesterday, as soon as I got the detector fired up, I was hitting targets again. For the first hour or so tho, it was all clad, and no oldies. I was wandering around different parts of the field, and decided that since the right field delivered yesterday, I would concentrate out there again, and that did it. But today, it was left-center field. In a matter of a couple minutes, I picked up a couple of wheats, and had a good feeling. In short order, I had two really good old coin spills that were only about 3 feet apart. The first one was a target that rang up as a 46 on the Legend, so I figured I had a dime. When I got the hole opened, I had a 1937 Wheatie. Checked the hole and had more pinpointer tone. Scooped again, and out came a 1939 Merc and another 1945 wheatie. So, I nabbed three good ones on that spot. Filled that hole, and swung again, and a step ahead, had another good tone that was bouncing around from the 20s-40s. This was fairly deep, maybe 6-7 inches down. Scooped quite a bit and pulled out four wheaties, of which two were stuck together. Again, used the pinpointer and still had tone in the hole. Scooped a little more, and out comes a 1943P War Nickel. So, this hole was a five coin winner. After those, I picked up a few more wheaties, giving me a total of ten wheaties in my pocket. Since I had two silvers yesterday, and now two today, I was saying to myself, boy, it would be great to get a third silver today...and I did! Not a coin tho. I had a good signal that I thought was going to be another dime, and it was not very deep, maybe 2-3 inches down. Pulled it out, and was looking at a Sterling Silver Holy Mary religious medal. Very nice shape, weighs in at 4.9g. I found several more coins after that, and when I counted everything up, I had a new daily high count of 73 coins today. That topped my record of 70 coins, which I just set yesterday at the same ball field. So, between yesterday and today, I have found 143 coins at this old field, including 4 silver coins, a Buff Nickel, 14 wheats, and a silver medal. I have to believe this old field has more to give, and if I don't make it back there again before the end of the year, it is on my to-do list for this coming spring.

The two silvers today, gets me to 31 total for the year, which is more than I thought I would have. Feeling good about the finds this year.

Attachments

• Coins and other Items 29 Nov 22.jpg
    Coins and other Items 29 Nov 22.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 433
  • 1939 Mercury Dime Front 29 Nov 22.jpg
    1939 Mercury Dime Front 29 Nov 22.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 429
  • 1939 Mercury Dime Back 29 Nov 22.jpg
    1939 Mercury Dime Back 29 Nov 22.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 429
  • 1939 Merc 1943P Nickel Holy Mary Medal 29 Nov 22.jpg
    1939 Merc 1943P Nickel Holy Mary Medal 29 Nov 22.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 428
  • 1939 Merc 1943P Nickel Holy Mary Medal Back 29 Nov 22.jpg
    1939 Merc 1943P Nickel Holy Mary Medal Back 29 Nov 22.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 427
  • Silvers and Wheats 29 Nov 22.jpg
    Silvers and Wheats 29 Nov 22.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 429
  • Wheat War Nickel Spill 29 Nov 22.jpg
    Wheat War Nickel Spill 29 Nov 22.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Another great hunt with some shiny. Very nice that your religious relic is sterling, most of the ones I pull out of the ground are not precious metal. Congrats!

Gotta love those old coin spills. No better feeling than when the pinpointer tells you the old coin you just pulled has friends. lol. Congrats on the shiny, Buff, wheats and a respectable clad haul. I would keep hittin that spot till the ground freezes. Good luck. Mark

Back
Top Bottom