• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nox800 Newbie Question

DooDahMan

My buddy asked me to scan a whole he dug. His Nox 600 was reading 24 before digging the plug and then 32 after the plug was out - coin was still in the whole and not the plug. My 800 did not pick up anything.

We were both using Field 1 with factory default settings. He turned off his 600 to make sure there was no interference. FWIW - the coin was a toasted copper coin that was about the size of a quarter.

Any thoughts?

My buddy asked me to scan a whole he dug. His Nox 600 was reading 24 before digging the plug and then 32 after the plug was out - coin was still in the whole and not the plug. My 800 did not pick up anything.

We were both using Field 1 with factory default settings. He turned off his 600 to make sure there was no interference. FWIW - the coin was a toasted copper coin that was about the size of a quarter.

Any thoughts?
Angle of coin and direction of the swing no matter if you think it was the same and sweep speed. Also the units recovery speed , the higher the recovery speed you loose depth and sometimes the signal.
Their had to be something different in the settings.

Doug

Thanks. The only things we compared were Field 1 setting and number of dots for sensitivity. He might have some adjustments that he doesn't know about - he bought it used. There is also a chance I accidentally adjusted something because I had to increase the volume during the hunt.

If you haven't got any favorite settings yet you can do an easy factory reset. On power-up hold the power button down until you see FP in the middle of the display where the target ID numbers show up. Release the power button and your 800 will be in factory default settings. You can also just reset each mode one by one but I can't remember that procedure at the moment (it is in the online manual). Also, when you are detecting and change modes you need to auto noise cancel and ground balance (if you have to) for each mode. The Nox has global settings and local settings. The global ones carry over from one mode to another. The local ones do not which is also in the online manual.

Next time you guys do a comparison make sure you do a reset or check your settings carefully. No way an 800 would miss a target that the 600 detected unless some settings were way off in Field 1. Both are basically the same in default Field 1.

have fun....

Jeff

Thanks. The next time we go out I'll do the comparison after doing the resets. I was concerned something was wrong with my detector but it sounds like it was either setting or user error.

FWIW - the coin was not very deep. Maybe 6"-8".

Thanks. The next time we go out I'll do the comparison after doing the resets. I was concerned something was wrong with my detector but it sounds like it was either setting or user error.

FWIW - the coin was not very deep. Maybe 6"-8".

Depending on soil type 6-8” can be deep.

Back
Top Bottom