Sleeper machine?

badwhiskey

What’s a metal detector in the $200 range that surprised you how well it functioned?

Probably both the Nokta Simplex+ and the Vanquish 440. I've used both and both faired well in the trashy parks that I've hunted. Back then though, the Simplex still didn't have an update so it was a bit noisy for me. The Vanquish was great with separation especially with the 10" coil and multi-iq.

What’s a metal detector in the $200 range that surprised you how well it functioned?

I bought a new Simplex and just picked up a used Vanquish 540 for about the same money. Love the Simplex, especially with the new smaller coil. I've only just got to test the 540 briefly but so far I am really liking it too. It's a very stable machine it seems. I've already ordered the V8 coil for it so I'll be interested to see how is does on park duty. :yes:

the fisher f2 is absolutely amazing, but not produced anymore. if you can find a used unit, don't hesitate. it was only 200 new, should be able to pick one up for a billo or thereabouts. :)

In my opinion and owning one, the F2 would be a good buy at $100 new today. It can't compete with a good - new $200 detector now.

the fisher f2 is absolutely amazing, but not produced anymore. if you can find a used unit, don't hesitate. it was only 200 new, should be able to pick one up for a billo or thereabouts. :)

i have had good luck with the F2. I have had several and sold them to help people get started in detecting but I have always bought another.

Don't mean to be a butthead. But, Whiskey you been asking this similar question since 2014. Seems like Bounty Hunter was the most favored response. I will add a club member had an F2 for years and killed rings and coins with it. It finally broke and died, she bought and tried the ACE 250, hated it. Bought another F2. Your best bet is to save up your money and pay more than $200 to get something with better depth capabilities than the Compadre. If you hunt around you may be able to find a Nokta/Makro Kruzer or Multi-Kruzer at a reasonable price. lots of bells and whistles, and does go much deeper. The Simplex is a great machine, I don't like the 11 stock coil. If it came stock with one of the newer small coils for $250, then it would be the best detector in my opinion to get. I have both smaller coils and the 8" round has more depth than the 9.5x5 coil.

Back
Top Bottom